Thursday, January 12, 2012

The kids want a snow day!

The kids were hoping for a snow day today, but it didn't start snowing until the afternoon, so they had school. I didn't like driving in the snowy mess when I picked the kids up from school, but we arrived home safely. Matt stayed home today to clean up/organize some things outside and in the new house while the ground was still bare. The weather people have been wrong about the weather so much lately that it's hard to know what exactly is going to happen, but it could remain snowy, icy, rainy until Saturday. The kids are now hoping for a snow day tomorrow, which would give them a 4 day weekend.

One of my favorite websites is tofw.com (Time Out For Women). I love reading inspiring quotes and stories, watching inspiring videos, and I'm looking forward to reading the book club books this year. I discovered this blog today, The Sullengers...patrickandashley@blogspot.com from the tofw website. Ashley is a gifted writer who honestly shares her ups and downs after her 18 month old daughter fell into a canal and died later on at a hospital. I can't even imagine the pain and sorrow of losing a child. I admire mothers like Ashley who share their experiences while grieving. I can tell by reading their blogs that they benefit from writing and those of us who are reading benefit from heartfelt and honest posts. Life is full of ups and downs. It's easier to write about the good things going on, but only writing about the good gives a false impression. I think that's why I get a lot out of reading blogs that deal with hardships and grief. The writers are real, humble, faithful and prayerful and they inspire us to be the same way.

No comments: