Thursday, January 26, 2012

Go, Go, Go

Last evening, the older girls & I went to church for a joint youth activity, Cub Scouts, and Activity Days. Zoe's friend, Caitlin went with us. The youth were supposed to go ice skating, but the rink was closed. I'm not sure if the thin layer of ice would have been solid enough to skate on anyway. The warm temperatures have melted all the snow and ice away. The youth ended up playing a complex version of tic tac toe. My cubs painted their model dragsters to display at the Blue and Gold Banquet next week. Then they paired up and had a basketball shooting contest. They made the game up and they put me in charge of keeping score. The Activity Day girls learned a hula dance that they are going to perform at our branch Valentine Luau. Fun!

I took Kate & Noah to the "Dinosaur pool" today. We stopped at the grocery store and then came home for about an hour and a half before going to get the kids from school. After getting the kids, we stopped at home for snacks and bathroom time and then we drove to Target for band concert outfits. Last evening on the way home from church, Zoe mentioned that she'd like to wear dress pants to the concert this evening, but she didn't have any! Zoe can have the gift of great timing sometimes ! :-) So, we had a quick trip to Target and it really was pretty quick. I was also able to pick up a birthday gift for Zach's friend, which I needed to buy today, so that worked out perfectly. Dress pants turned into outfits, but they were quick finding them and they were looking forward to wearing them, so I bought them. We arrived home, ate dinner, and then headed out the door again with Matt to the concert. This was Emily's first concert and she was nervous.She had a dream last night that she forgot her saxophone, so during the concert, she just stood in the middle of the concert without her instrument while feeling awkward. Not a fun dream! In real life, she remembered her saxophone and she did a great job!



Zoe was happy because for the first time, she really liked what she wore to the concert.


Zach spent some of his time during the concert writing notes. This is what he wrote to me...
"Dear mom I love you. You are a grate mom. I love pumpkin pie. I love you. Zach". So sweet! Wondering why he put pumpkin pie in there? We had a pie auction before the concert and I bought a pumpkin pie. I am giving it to my dad, but a few of the kids, including Zach are insisting on a piece of it!

No comments: