Sunday, February 10, 2008

Who has time to mend anyway?

One of these Sundays I need to break Zach's habit of taking two pieces of bread during the Sacrament. Each Sunday I remind him to just take one, and each Sunday he takes two.

I gave the Primary children Valentine goody bags today and one thing in them was a little wooden teddy bear craft. Eleanor was looking at the pieces near our heat vent when we got home and it sounded like she dropped something in the vent, so I asked her if she lost one of the eyeballs. She replied, "No, it was a handball". Matt and I got a kick out of that. We never know what is going to come out of Eleanor's mouth these days!

Kate decided to practice her standing while we were saying our family prayer this evening. She was standing nice and tall and steady, and she was as proud of herself as could be. She started clapping for herself and then we all joined in. I haven't managed to get a picture of her standing steady and tall, but here are some shots I took the other day when she first started letting go of her toy and standing.



And here is Kate tonight as we tried to reenact her standing. I can't tell if Emily is holding on to Kate in this picture, but she did stand for a few seconds before sitting down.

And yes she wore her pretty birthday dress to church today and managed to rip it. I'm sad that I won't be able to pass on this cute dress without someone having to fix it...since I only mend when I absolutely have to and the dress barely fit Kate, so she won't be wearing it again, therefore it is not absolutely necessary for me to fix it. I'll pass it on to a more experienced mender and one who probably doesn't mind mending clothes...is such a person out there? I don't think my children have noticed that clothes they insist I mend and that get put in the mend pile, never actually get mended and the clothes magically disappear. Out of sight, out of mind.

3 comments:

Kris said...

I have a big mending pile right now! And a few things in there have probably been outgrown already... I have good intentions, but never seem to get around to it. Kate is so cute and big standing up!

Meg said...

I send all of my mending to my mil... nice to find another maine mom-

mindyluwho said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's mending pile mysteriously disappears! I love to sew, but hate to mend.