Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Travelings of a shoe rack

I took this picture of Emily reading to Zach this morning. I love watching and listening to the kids read to each other.


This is what I did this afternoon, along with laundry, to avoid a long day of sitting around waiting for this baby to arrive.

I put our shoe rack together, which just arrived on Monday. It had quite a journey before it was handed over to me by our mail lady. It left Kentucky on June 2nd, went to Ohio on June 4th, and then arrived in Massachusetts on June 5th. It left Massachusetts on June 7th, supposedly traveling to our town, but mysteriously disappeared until it showed up in Wisconsin on June 24th. It stayed for a few days in Wisconsin and then headed back to Massachusetts on June 26th where it arrived on June 27th. It left Massachusetts again on June 28th and arrived in our town on the 30th where it finally has come to rest in our living room. Eleanor keeps trying to store everything that is laying around on the rack since the picture on the box shows not only shoes on the rack, but towels, too, but I keep insisting the rack is just for shoes. This concerned her that the rack wouldn't be full enough, but I'm sure in time, it will be overflowing with shoes that nobody wants to carry down the hall to put away in their shoe bags.
I also went through the clothes in my closet to make room for my shoe bag. The garbage bag in the picture above is filled with clothes I am bringing to Goodwill. A lot of them are maternity clothes, which I will no longer be needing.
The green container that had our shoes in it is now storing winter coats.
After all this hard work on a hot day, the kids and I cooled off at the pool this evening. All went well, except for the 6 trips to the bathroom between Zach and Eleanor. Ugh.
Oh and did you notice my yellow hospital bag hanging from the hook in the picture above? The false labor last night motivated me to dig out the bag and get it half packed. I'm thinking now that a 4th of July baby would be fun to have, so here's hoping that I go into labor tomorrow night!

4 comments:

Kris said...

That is so funny about the shoe rack. I am so impressed you did all that today. You are really ready now! I was thinking today how fun it would be to have a 4th of July birthday - always having fireworks on your birthday, that would be awesome!! so I'll hope for that for Taco Bill. Good luck!

Janae said...

I am glad you got some me time the other day:)
You have been very busy...especially considering how tired you must be! I love the shoe rack and that Eleanor wants to fill it up for you:)
Also, love the picture of Zach and Emily, really cute. I love it when the older girls will read to their little sisters, so sweet:)

Phae-Jae said...

I'm watching your blog anxiously:)
I hope tomorrow is your independents day!

Cindy said...

That is funny about the shoe rack, but maybe a little aggravating!

I have my fingers crossed for you and "Taco Bill"!