Sunday, July 20, 2008

Oh yeah...the cat

Not having the older girls around this morning and not using my Saturday wisely to get ready for church today resulted in being late for church. I find that Sunday mornings go a lot smoother if church outfits are picked out and ironing done on Saturday, but I was too busy relaxing, reading, and enjoying the quiet last night to be productive.

As the kids and I were coming home from church today and were about to turn onto our road Emily asked, "Are we going to go feed Grammie's cat today?" My reply, "Um, yeah, we should probably go do that." The cat can be thankful for Emily because she was well on her way of not being fed for the second day in a row and who knows how many more days. Sorry Mom, and Fluffy!

Noah was up close and personal today with Win Butler, the lead singer of Arcade Fire. Win's mother, Liza, is our Relief Society President. She was holding Noah after Sacrament meeting and then handed him off to Win, who seemed unsure about holding a newborn, but did just fine. It didn't dawn on me until we got home that Noah was held today by a famous singer. How cool is that?!

2 comments:

Kris said...

Poor Fluffy... thank goodness for Emily.

That is cool about Win Butler... (I had never heard of him, which means nothing, but just read up on Wikipedia...) very cool!

Dawn said...

I agreed to take care of some friends' cat one year when they went on vacation - I kept forgetting it, too. I passed the job onto to someone who loved cats! Not good.