Saturday, July 05, 2008

Catch of the day

No baby being caught, just a snake. Matt brought it inside for Zach to see, but the girls were more excited about it than Zach.



I took Zoe, Emily, Eleanor, and Zach swimming at the pool this afternoon. The highlights were Zach going into the boys' bathroom after he said he needed to go potty and coming out naked. He ran naked to the opposite side of the building, which is around the office and into the girls' bathroom where I followed him and he went potty. I sent him back into the boys' bathroom where I thought his shorts were, but a girl we know brought them out to me from the girls' bathroom. I got Zach back into the girls' bathroom to get him dressed again. Fortunately, nobody was around when Zach was running naked all over the place!
Then Zach decided he wanted to try out the deep end of the pool. I went in with him and Eleanor joined us. We did fine for awhile with Zach holding onto my hands and jumping into the pool and Eleanor would jump into the pool by herself and then I would help her swim to where she could touch. The problem started when Eleanor decided to swim instead of jump and she kept going away from me and needing me to help her while Zach was near the edge wanting to jump. They had me stressed to the point where I decided we were leaving. I got Zach and Eleanor out of the pool and hollered to Zoe that we were leaving, which of course started the questions from Zoe as to why we were leaving. I got Zach wrapped up in a towel and Eleanor headed back into the middle section of the pool. Zach said he was ready to go home, so at that point I decided to call Matt and have him pick up Zach and I would stay with the girls, which we did and it was much more relaxing after that.

I just felt the baby drop a tiny bit and it felt like my water was going to break. I just told Matt that I think my water is going to break tonight and he said he was thinking the same thing. I've never had my water break before my contractions started before. Are we in for a new experience?

3 comments:

Kris said...

Zach, that is funny, I laughed out loud picturing the antics. I probably would not have been laughing at the time if I were you though.

I bet by this time tomorrow you will have baby news? maybe? I was thinking of you today and hoping you wouldn't have to go to church to hear, "haven't you had that baby YET?" 80 times. 66.7% of my babies were born on Sundays... I think Taco Bill just might share Lexi's birthday!

Dawn said...

Looks like a great 4th, as was ours. We decided we have way too many family members around, all wanting us to come here and go there all day yesteray. But it was fun.

Hope it's tonight for you!!

Janae said...

Oh the fun of a snake@!#$**! We have had our share of snake run in's but, were bigger than that.
Zach loosing his swimsuit sounds like quite the fun event;) you are so nice and patient.

The 4th of July pictures looked very fun. It looked like a fun 4th, even if you were still pregnant:)

It is sounding like baby and Lexi might get the same b-day! That would be exciting! We will be waiting to see:)
I am with Kris and hoping that you don't have to deal with the
"haven't you had that baby?" all day Sunday. Take care...we are thinking of you guys:)