Friday, July 11, 2008

A better day than expected

It is so sweet how much Zach loves having Noah around. Zach loves to hold him and to talk about him. One of these days I'm going to take a picture of them together. Even Kate gets excited whenever she sees Noah and says something that sounds like binky, but I know she is talking about the baby. Kate has her moments of jealousy, but overall I think she's doing better than I expected. Emily held Noah while I ate breakfast this morning and Zoe held him for a bit while I finished getting ready for the day. They were both very anxious to hold Noah, which turned out to be a huge help.

My mom surprised me this morning with a phone call saying she was available to watch the kids while I took Noah to the hospital to have blood drawn. I was also able to take Zoe to her swimming lesson with just Noah. The life guards, especially Miranda, have been anxiously awaiting Noah's arrival, so they were excited to see him. Miranda asked me if having Noah was easy...obviously she has never experienced childbirth...I told her it went pretty quick and left it at that. Noah sunbathed for a 1/2 hour while Zoe swam and I hoped that would get his test level to a point where he wouldn't have to be tested again, but no such luck. We'll head back to the hospital again tomorrow for one more test.

3 comments:

Kristy said...

I am impressed you are blogging!!! When do you find the time???

andalucy said...

Congratulations on your new baby!

I was just reading my Aunt MariLou's blog and saw that you commented there. I think it's funny that I "met" you through Gabriela's blog and it turns out you know my relatives. Small Mormon world, hmm?

Janae said...

I am glad you had a nice day...those are the best after just getting home:)