Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Random Act of Kindness

Emily & Eleanor had their last swimming lesson today for this session. They have next week off and then they'll continue in the classes they are currently in for the second and final session of swimming lessons. I took all of the kids to the pool today and it went really well. We spent most of Emily's class in the car while I fed Noah. Then I put Kate and Zach in the double stroller and Zoe carried Noah around for awhile in the sling while we waited for Eleanor. Then Emily held Noah on her lap and Zoe pushed Zach and Kate around the pool. Keeping Kate strapped into the stroller is a must now!

I decided to take Zoe, Emily, & Eleanor school shopping this evening since I had to go to Bangor anyway for Noah's lab work. It was a very productive evening and the kids were good. Emily & Eleanor got backpacks, they all found a lunch box, and Zoe picked out a binder and folders. It was so cute and weird to see Eleanor walking around like a big girl with her backpack on. She was so happy to be school shopping with Zoe & Emily.
We went to Bugaboo Creek for dinner since it was family night and kids eat free...one kid eats free for every adult meal purchased, so I knew one of the children's meals would be free, which I thought was great. Not long after we sat down, Emily says she has to go to the bathroom. This annoyed me because she had just gone to the bathroom at L.L. Bean, but I took her to the bathroom. We get back to the table and Eleanor announces she needs to go to the bathroom. I am again annoyed because she too went to the bathroom at L.L. Bean plus she waited until AFTER I got back from bringing Emily to the bathroom to tell me that she needed to go, too. I asked Zoe if she needed to go and she decided to try, so we headed back to the bathroom. We didn't get far before Zoe saw the bathrooms and said she would take Eleanor, so I went back to the table. Noah slept through the shopping so he was ready to eat when my meal came. This would have annoyed me in the past, but with Noah's jaundice, I am more than willing to feed him when he is awake and wants to eat. Of course Noah pooped as well when he was eating, so I went to change him after I ate...another trip to the bathroom. Noah decided to pee on himself while I was changing him, which was his first time doing that. Ugh. When I got back to the table, I got my money out and laid it on the table with the bill. The waitress came over and informed me that someone paid our bill, so I didn't owe any money. Sweet!...but also weird. It was strange not knowing who paid our bill, and the girls were very curious to know who would pay for our meals, so they kept asking the waitress, but she wouldn't tell. I was happy with just one of our meals being free, so what a pleasant surprise for us all to eat for free. Thank you whoever you are! It was an unexpected gift and we are grateful!

6 comments:

Kristy said...

Wow...how nice!!!!

♥Shally said...

okay... It was me.

Just kidding-- but that really is a nice thing to do!!

Janae said...

What a fun experience! It reminds me of that movie "Pay It Forward" I love that movie and love random acts of kindness. So glad you guys benefited from the kindness:)
Wow Eleanor is going with the big girls! I am sure she is overjoyed:)

Dawn said...

What a great surprise! I hate it when I take the girls to McD and they decide to go to the bathroom after I've asked them at the library if they need to go - and I have to take all 4 of them with me, leaving the food on the table! Don't dare leave anybody alone at this age, of course.

Sammie-J said...

That gave me chills when you said that someone paid your bill. Don't you just love Maine people.

And Kudos to you for taking all the kids to a restaurant, I sometimes will opt not to take just one. I'll think of you next time.

Cindy said...

Wow, that is wonderful!