Sunday, July 27, 2008

Getting things done

Written 7/26/08

I had 3 things on my to-do list today.

1) Write thank-you notes. I've been wanting to do this for awhile now, but it just never became a priority...until today. Many overdue thank you notes have been written! I set a goal at the beginning of the year to write more thank you notes and I think I am doing well with this goal.

2) Put away laundry that I washed and dried yesterday. I miss being able to do laundry once or twice a week and staying in control of it. I have lost control of the laundry and I feel like I'm doing it all the time now, and there is always more to do!

3) Write my talk for church tomorrow. I couldn't get motivated to do this. I was stressing about this talk, but after talking with Matt (who asked me to speak!) I feel better because I changed the hymn I am going to talk about. The program tomorrow is going to be about favorite hymns and "Love at Home" is not my favorite hymn, and frankly I was having a hard time thinking about talking about a subject that I feel we are failing at lately. Yes we love each other, but there seems to be a lot more contention and fighting going on between the kids than usual. So now I am talking about "Count Your Many Blessings". A much easier subject for me to talk about because I do have many blessings to be thankful for and I love this song! Matt says to get up and tell why this is my favorite hymn and then I can sit down. Sounds good to me since I still don't have the desire to write a talk.

Speaking of blessings, we have received several tithing blessings this weekend. I love tithing blessings! We received a gift card to our local grocery store from a woman that Matt knows through work. We had very little money to finish out this month with, so this gift card to the grocery store was a perfect gift! Then we received a check today from my OB's office for overpayment. How sweet is that?!

This weekend is our town's festival. Matt took Zoe, Emily, Eleanor, and Zach to the parade this morning and they stayed downtown for a few hours. The kids brought money to spend, so they each bought tickets to go in the bounce house and they each brought home a toy. I also heard rumors of them eating cookies and pie.

Matt took Zoe, Emily, and Zach on Don's boat for a ride with Don and his family this afternoon. Eleanor chose to stay home. Then Zoe, Emily, and Eleanor went over to my parents' home this evening to go to the fireworks with my Mom and to spend the night.
I ironed this evening, so hopefully I'll make it to church on time tomorrow without the older girls around to help.

Written 7/27/08

I made it to church on time and my talk is over :-) We had a very uplifting Sacrament meeting. 6 of us shared our favorite hymn and then we sang the hymns. A lot of eyes were wet after the meeting, including mine.

No comments: