Thursday, July 10, 2008

Home at last

I have had a nice couple of days in the hospital relaxing, reading, snoozing, cuddling and feeding Noah, but it's good to be home. The delivery of Noah went well and we found the happy medium of getting to the hospital, although if my water hadn't broken right after Matt suggested we head to the hospital at 1am and I was still unsure, we might have had another emergency room delivery. We had just enough time for me to get immediate contraction relief from a shot that is given before the epidural, but I delivered Noah before ever receiving the epidural. I was thankful for that shot at the time, but now I am having spinal headaches, which I hope will go away on their own because I don't want another needle in my back to cure them! Noah has a few minor issues like jaundice, which is not severe enough to put him under the lights, but enough concern that I need to bring him back to the hospital tomorrow for another test. He has lost 10% of his birth weight, so we have some formula to give him along with nursing him. Nursing him has been quite easy so far and I hope that continues. He came out of the womb very grumpy, but he has mellowed out a lot and has potential to be an easy-going baby.


Showing signs of being an Erickson already!


Zoe, Emily, and Eleanor came to visit Tuesday night with my parents and then Zoe and Emily came to visit last night with my parents, but I didn't have the camera to take any pictures of them with Noah. They were all very excited to hold Noah and they took advantage of every opportunity to hold him. Zoe came with Matt this afternoon to bring me and Noah home, so we have one picture of her holding Noah.

Eleanor was so cute Tuesday night when she walked into the hospital room, spotted Noah in his bassinet with a binky laying next to him and exclaimed, "He came with a binky!"

We didn't get home today until 5pm. It made for a long day, but it was more relaxing than I anticipated since I only spent 2 hours with all the kids before they went to bed. Zach was happy that Noah was finally home (he came to visit yesterday with Matt and Zach was ready to take Noah home with him and Matt right then) and even Kate was excited to see the baby...or maybe it was just the baby's binky.




7 comments:

Kristy said...

Glad you are home and everything is okay! Now the fun begins no more rest! Good luck!

Sammie-J said...

Glad you're home! You have such a beautiful family. Seeing you there with all your kids gave me goosebumps. You should be so proud! Congrats once again on your new addition.

Dawn said...

I am thankful it went so well, and hope the headache goes away on its own.

He looks a lot like Zach. You'll have lots of good help!

Kris said...

He came with a binky! I love it.

What a lucky baby to be surrounded by all of those loving, excited siblings. I love those pictures.

He is SO CUTE!! I love the funny little baby expressions. He is so sweet. I am so happy he is here safe & sound. I'm thinking of you all!

Phae-Jae said...

He is beautiful:)

Glad you are home, hope your headaches go away!

Cindy said...

I'm glad you're home, too! Myshel and Noah both had jaundice. I'm sure they told you this already, but if you can lay him in the sunlight with just him diaper on for awhile each day, it will help. It really does!

He's adorable and so is the picture of all your kids with him!

Congrats, again!

Janae said...

Congratulations!! He is really a darling, sweet baby. I think he is going to be a nice mellow baby:) I am so glad he came with a binky...what luck;)