Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A day at the museum

Zoe & Emily have been wanting to go to the children's museum for the past few months. So yesterday I told them that if we could get the 4 free passes that are given out at the Bangor library then we would go. That meant getting ready quick to get to the library when it opened at 9am. We made it there at 9:20 and the passes were already given out and the kids were very disappointed...which turned them into grouchy, whiny, sad children. I told them that I would try our local library which had free passes in the past, but I wasn't sure if they still did. Before trying there, we stopped to feed Fluffy since we were going by my parents' house. Fluffy is going to be one happy cat to have my parents home again this evening! Actually, we're all going to be happy to have them home again. Anyway, our local library doesn't have the passes anymore, so I was gearing up for an afternoon with grumpy children, even offering to go swimming didn't cheer them up. As we were turning into our driveway, Zoe & Emily offered to help pay to get into the museum. They were more than willing to part with the money they have earned so far this summer and we headed to the museum. The kids spent 5 hours having non-stop fun, while I spent 5 hours counting heads and feeding Noah.



Kate loved playing with the tennis balls. It was time to move onto something else though when she started throwing the balls around the room.



The baby dolls were also a big hit with Kate. She was not happy when I took them away from her to go into a different room!












Emily made a friend while playing (she's to the left of Emily).
Zach needed help getting down after climbing, so Zoe went up to help him.
Noah was the easiest to keep track of. I am so glad my wish of a mellow baby came true. :-)

7 comments:

Dawn said...

What a great place! And it seems like money very well spent!

Kristy said...

Impressive!!! I would not be as daring as you and leave the house with 6 kids! What a brave woman you are.

Katie said...

Sounds like a fun day. I need to do more stuff like that. 5 hours? That's like an entire day. I really wish I had something that would occupy my kids for that long.

Kris said...

That does look like a really fun museum! Five hours is a long time. Good job Zoe and Emily (and you!) for making it happen!

Sammie-J said...

And you even took time out to take all these pictures. You truly amaze all of us Joey.
And it shows how well you're bringing up your children by them offering their earned money. Kudos!

Oh and PS - That Noah is awful cute. I can't believe how much his looks have changed already. :)

mindyluwho said...

I was laying in bed last night and all of a sudden I realized that I hadn't checked to see if you'd had your baby! As you know my life has gotten a little turned upside down and I haven't been checking hardly any blogs.

He's beautiful! And I love the name Noah...much better than Taco Bill!

Congratulations!

Cindy said...

I love children's museums! Is this one in Bangor?