Thursday, July 24, 2008

Lookin' good

Noah had a doctor's appointment today, and thanks to my Mom taking an extra day off from work to recover from her trip to North Carolina, I was able to leave the rest of the kids with her. Taking care of 5 children is relaxing don't ya think? She offered and I gratefully accepted. Noah is looking more pink than yellow these days and he is up to 9lbs 4oz, so all is well. He doesn't need to be seen by the doctor again until he is 2 months old. Yay!

Thank you all for your kind comments lately. Taking care of 6 children has been the easiest transition I think, thanks to Zoe and Emily. I was very nervous about having a summer baby and having all the kids home, but I think having the older girls home has made things easier. We are able to do so much because I recovered quickly from the delivery, and Zoe & Emily do a great job helping out with their younger siblings. They are more than willing to help out when getting to go somewhere fun is involved! Noah being an easy-going baby helps, too. He only cries when he is hungry or has a dirty diaper. He is happy to hang out in the sling and often falls asleep while being carried around. I think being stranded at home all winter plays a factor in me wanting to be on the go all the time this summer. Plus, the kids get along better when we are somewhere else other than home. It seems like when we are home, one of the kids is always crying or fighting with another. My short talk on the hymn "Love at Home" this Sunday could be an interesting one! We do have our challenges when we are out and about, like when Zach pushes Kate down at the pool, or at story time when my 2 kids (Zach & Kate) are louder than all of the other children combined (which includes 2 preschools) and Zach & Kate insist on spitting at each other, but I deal better with those challenges than the fighting at home. In a nutshell, being on the go these days is keeping me sane.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

I was the oldest of 5, and had my share of being the helper. Made me who I am today!

Dawn said...

Me again - people are always amazed that I take all 4 girls to all sorts of places - I'm like you - would rather be going places than trying to keep them happy at my house.

Kris said...

I agree, I like to go places too. It usually keeps the kids happier and thus, me happier. Also, it's easier for me to focus on really being with them; at home I am usually distracted by stuff I 'need' to do!

I'm glad Noah is doing so well and that Zoe and Emily are such good helpers - good job you two!

Elozia Marie said...

It's wonderful when you have kids who are old enough to be little helpers!

I'm glad your baby is looking better!