Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Yellow water

Zach was more willing to sit on the potty today. Yesterday I would count out loud to 60 when he sat on the potty, so he wouldn't just sit down and then stand up and say he was done, but today I had the thought to bring books into the bathroom and read to him. He sat much longer as I read to him (as I read "Put me in the zoo" over and over and over again!) He peed a few drops a couple of times this morning, so I was happy with that progress and he got to put stickers on the "Zach peed or pooped" chart that he was banned from using yesterday. The breakthrough came this afternoon when he peed a lot on the potty and discovered he could make yellow water! He wanted to make yellow water over and over and over again...yay! We spent about an hour and a half in the bathroom after this discovery. He would pee, dump it into the toilet, pee, dump it into the toilet, over and over again. Later on when I asked him if he needed to go pee he said no. I asked him again a few minutes later and he said no. Then I asked him if he wanted to go make yellow water and he enthusiastically answered YES! So now instead of saying pee, we say yellow water. Hey, it works!

When I left this evening to go grocery shopping and to stop by my parents', Matt & Zoe were in the process of fixing Zoe's Paper Mache project. It had deflated and was looking pretty bad, but it's looking much better now.

Today Eleanor asked me if we eat animals. I said yes and she shouted, "WHAT???!!!" like she's a vegetarian and was extremely offended. She then asked what kind of animals we eat. I mentioned chickens, cows, and pigs. Then she asked me about frogs. No, we don't eat frogs. Apparently she does because she told me so and told me how good they are. I'm still wondering what triggered this conversation.

7 comments:

Ave said...

Hi! I am a Maine LDS too (Belfast area), and found your blog via Gabriela's. I just posted about potty training too, what a chore huh.

Cindy said...

Whatever works, works, right! Noah did the same thing when he first started potty training, pee, dump it out, pee, dump it out! It was funny, but it was his "break through" He never wore diapers or pull ups again after that! Yippeee

Dawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dawn said...

Kristen became a self-proclaimed vegetarian at about age 4 when she discovered that hamburgers used to be cows. I'll never forget that conversation. It was hard, and she still doesn't really love meat!

Dawn said...

Good grief = I left one comment, hit Publish one time, and it came up 3 times! That's me deleting all those comments!

Katie said...

Yellow water, huh? That's actually pretty good! I've decided that I hate potty training, and Im really glad that Ry is done. Is it true what they say? Are boys harder then girls?