Friday, March 07, 2008

A day of visitors

This afternoon my visiting teacher came over for a visit with her husband (Judy & Jerry Booth). I always enjoy their company and the kids do, too. Judy is very good about remembering birthdays, so she brought Zach a present, which he immediately opened. He got some new trucks and he played with them for the rest of their visit. Zach will turn 3 tomorrow!

My Dad, Donna, Doug, Phil, and Aly surprised us with a visit after the Booths left. Everyone had a great time with Zach's dart guns. There were darts flying everywhere! Eleanor sang for us and put on quite a show. She was imitating High School Musical songs and moves with a lot of hair flipping, strutting, and attitude. She had us all in tears from laughing so hard!

Aly stayed awhile longer after everyone left. The kids went outside to play and they made a snowman before coming inside.


Aly & I left after the kids came inside to meet my parents and Donna & Doug at "Just Barb's" for dinner. I enjoyed the food and the company. While I was gone, Matt was busy setting up his new rowing machine and getting the kids fed and ready for bed.

The rowing machine comes apart in two sections, so we are able to move it from the middle of the floor when it is not being used. Where there is a will, there is a way! Matt has been wanting a rowing machine for quite some time now and he is happy he finally has one. It's not as big and bulky as I expected, so I'm happy about that.

To the left of the rowing machine is Zach's new activity cart that he will wake up to in the morning. It was originally a Christmas gift, but we didn't get it in time for Christmas, so it has turned into the perfect birthday gift. The activity cart is not as big as we expected, which makes it a perfect size for Kate. But the activities will be perfect for Zach. I'm already anticipating fighting between Zach and Kate as Kate tries to push around Zach's cart. It could be interesting!

Matt wanted some before the rowing machine pictures of himself, which I took, and then I had him take a picture of the growing me.

5 comments:

Phae-Jae said...

Happy Birthday Zach!

Love the Belly shot:)

Janae said...

Cute picture Joey! The rowing machine looks fun. I am glad that it can be removed from the middle of the room:) I see the kids having fun with that too;)

dawnae said...

Oh from one preggo to the other, you look fantastic!!!! Wish I looked this good! Did Janae really say the rowing machine looks fun???? Maybe for the kids.

Kris said...

You look so young! If it weren't for the fact that you're pregnant... you would just look like one of your girls!

Cindy said...

You look great! I always loved Judy and Jerry Booth!

Happy Birthday to Zach, too!