Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Book completed

Today was productive and lazy at the same time. I got caught up on the laundry and read my book, which I finished this evening. It was a good day for Kate to be cranky because it gave me an excuse to cuddle with her and my book. :-)

My Mom came over to watch the kids this evening while Matt & I went to meet with Zoe's teacher and then we went to visit the Craig's who are on our Home Teaching list. I wanted Zoe & Emily to have their baths before my Mom got here, so she wouldn't have to worry about it, so they did, but then Zach & Eleanor wanted one too. So Zach helped himself into the tub as I was draining Emily's water and refused to get out, so he got a bath. Then Zoe was ready for her bath, so she got in with him, and then I couldn't get him out of the tub because he was having too much fun with Zoe. After awhile, Zoe & Zach got out of the tub, and then Eleanor climbed in, and then Zach climbed back in after her. They were in the tub when Matt & I left. So much for having things under control for when my Mom got here! She finally bribed Zach out of the tub about 20 minutes after we left by telling him he could have another bath tomorrow, this was after draining the water from the tub while Zach was still in the tub and stopping him repeatedly from refilling the tub. Zach has never been this obsessed about being in the bath before. I hope he doesn't want a bath tomorrow because I have no intention of giving him one. I'll have to give Kate her bath tomorrow when Zach is busy and not paying attention!

Zoe is still doing well in school and her teacher enjoys having Zoe in her class. She mentioned that Zoe talks a lot about her family at school, which was nice to hear. I guess Zoe enjoys us more than she lets on. We had a nice, long visit with her teacher (almost an hour!) and pretty much everything that was said was positive. The only improvement that Zoe needs to work on is double checking her work when she is done, especially in math. There were a few math papers that she made minor mistakes on that could have been caught and corrected if Zoe would have checked the work she did. But other than that she is doing great.

After taking about a year off from Home Teaching, Matt & I made our first attempt today to visit a family and we succeeded! We had a very nice visit. Our Home Teaching routine came to a screeching halt after Kate was born and we're just now recovering...several months away from having another baby!

I don't know what is going on with my right shoulder, but it has been hurting the past few days. I'm not sure if I did something to it Friday while exercising or if I slept on it funny, but is aches and it hurts when I lift my arm up. It is quite painful when I brush my teeth and it hurt when I took the clothes out of the dryer today. I noticed that I use my left hand/arm now when I need to reach for something. I hope it gets better soon!

Emily has had a stuffy nose the past few days and now she has an ear ache. Awhile after we got home, I noticed her sitting up in her bed crying. She had told me this afternoon that her ear hurt and it was still hurting and hurt worse when she laid down, so I gave her some medicine and now she is asleep in my chair with a warm pack on her ear. Hopefully she'll be feeling better in the morning.

4 comments:

Matt said...

Your baby ticker is down to double digits!

Ave said...

Be careful with the shoulder, sometimes those tendons can pull and take a while to heal, I always put warm ear oil from the natural foods store when any of us have ear ache. It seems to clear it up in a day or two, and then we can avoid antibiotics!

Ave said...

Are you going to stake conference? Maybe we will see you there!

Janae said...

I am sorry to hear about your arm:( try to rest it and hopefully it will feel better soon. I think Zoe's teacher sounds so dedicated to sit and talk with you for so long. That is really neat:)