Sunday, March 16, 2008

Setting new goals

I had a nice day at the temple today. The ride there was a bit slower because of the rain/snow mix we were riding in, but we made it safe and sound. We passed a few accidents, one involving 2 tractor trailers which didn't look good, but we didn't have any problems. I think my busy week caught up to me today as I was sitting through the sessions and having a hard time staying awake. My Mom had to nudge me at one point when I was dozing instead of participating. Not good. It was nice to be around adults today and to get out of the house. Going to the temple is always an uplift and helps me to focus on what is really important in my life...the gospel and my family. I set a new goal on the ride to the temple to write down a church to-do list every month which would include the Relief Society lessons, Sunday school lessons, visiting/home teaching, Primary, 72 hour kits, food storage, and family history (that's what I can think of right now). I'd like to be working on everything at least a little bit. This goal came about after I admitted that we are ill-prepared for an emergency and I have not read from the Joseph Smith manual yet or kept up with the Sunday school lessons this year. Matt and I have been slacking with our home teaching and my lack of desire to work on family history needs to change. I know the saying, there is a time and season for everything, but I also believe that we get done what we want to and I am a much happier wife and mother when I am immersed in learning and serving in the gospel.

Zach woke up with a dry diaper this morning, which is a major change! He stayed dry all day and he's even using the Dora toilet insert that goes on the "big potty" now. More progress. :-)

1 comment:

Kris said...

wow, I really like your idea of the list. I always have a list of things to do but those 'church things' aren't on it - I think they will just happen, I guess, but sometimes they don't! it would be a really good idea to get them all on a list instead of weighing on my mind and/or being forgotten.
I'm glad you had a good day!