Friday, May 30, 2008

What the kids are saying these days

There was a change at our house this morning and it didn't go unnoticed by Eleanor and Zach. Instead of "blue milk" (milk container with blue cap) as Zach calls it, we have "red milk" (milk container with red cap). The "red milk" was oohed and aahed over by Eleanor because she loves red! It just made her morning. And Zach was pretty impressed, too. A permanent change? No, so hopefully the "blue milk" will be welcomed back in a few days with the same love and acceptance it used to get.

I love it when Zach says, "Yes please". He sounds so polite and sweet. And then when he says, "No please" it just makes me smile. I should teach him to say no thank you, but his "no please" is just so cute.

Kate loves to say, "Hi", "Hello", and "Bye". And she waves while saying her greeting or goodbye. She says, "Mom" and she knows she is talking to me when she says it, so I hear it more often from her these days. It's sweet to hear her call "mom" when she wants my attention. Kate was mocking Zach this evening by screaming (in a fun, copying way) after Zach screamed (in a mad, I'm not getting what I want way). It was so funny! Kate would scream and then laugh. To her it was a fun game, but Zach was not impressed.

No comments: