Thursday, May 22, 2008

"Kids in Ocean"

Tonight was Zoe and Emily's big "Kids in Motion" night. All.day.long Zach asked me when we were leaving for "Kids in Ocean". 5:30pm FINALLY arrived and we were off to the school.

Here's a picture of Zoe and Emily in their matching Hawaiian shirts before we left.


Eleanor thought it was going to be a party that she could participate in, which had her very excited. She took the news well that it was like a show and she would be sitting and watching. She was very good. Kate tried to join one class getting ready to perform with balls. We were sitting in the second row and she got past the first row before I heard my mom tell me to look at Kate. Kate turned around to look at me and I beckoned her to come to me, which thankfully she did. But she fought with me and then with Matt to get back out on the floor to play with the balls. She didn't succeed.

Here is Kate watching a different performance that didn't have her obsessed about joining in.


My camera doesn't take good pictures in a gym, so I took videos of Zoe and Emily performing with their classes. My camera takes short videos and there is no sound, but at least you'll get an idea of what Zoe and Emily did tonight. All of the classes sang "Surfin' Safari" together to begin the program. Zoe's class showed off their hoola hoop skills to the song, "Hot Hot Hot."


I'll have to try posting more videos tomorrow. It is taking too long to upload another video.
Zoe was definitely one of the best hoola hoopers in her class. She made it look so easy!

Emily's class showed off their dancing moves to the song, "Down at the Beach." After the performance was over, Emily stated how embarrassing it all was performing in front of everyone. She did a great job! And I think her class's performance was very cute.

On our way out of the gym after the performance I lost track of Zach. He was going with the crowd, but I think when he discovered that I wasn't near him anymore, he turned around and headed back and that's when I saw him. So when we were outside and ready to walk to the car, I counted children. A guy near me saw me and thought it was the funniest thing. I'm sure it did look funny, but I didn't want to leave anyone behind! Matt came to the performance, along with my parents, but I was on my own getting the kids to our Yukon and loaded in. Matt took his own car in case he needed to leave early because he is still sick. He made it through the entire performance, but he was feeling pretty miserable.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6 weeks and counting! Can you believe the 4th of July is in 6 weeks?! This baby is the most active baby I have had in the womb. Which makes me wonder how active of a boy he is going to be. I can hear other mothers telling me that if they had had their last child first, then they wouldn't have had any more children. Am I going to be saying the same thing?

2 comments:

♥Shally said...

My last was VERY active in utero also, but is the BEST, best baby now. She is my sanity in a world of chaos!!

Janae said...

The girls look so cute for their program:) Kate looked sad...Nicolette was having a similar experience at the kindergarten program.
I think this baby will be nice and mellow. He is just getting out all of his extra energies now:)