Saturday, May 10, 2008

Update

My doctor's appointment went well yesterday. I had a morning appointment with my regular doctor, but I had to reschedule for the afternoon, so I ended up seeing the midwife. I was in and out of the office pretty quickly, which was nice. The midwife commented on my very thick chart as I was on my way out and said, "We'll have to start a new chart for you when you come back for #7." I just smiled. Then the lady at the billing office commented on how I seem to just breeze through my pregnancies with no problems. She wondered if anything ailed me, like heartburn and I told her that the first 3 months are rough with morning sickness, but other than that, I do pretty much breeze through the rest of the months. The midwife was impressed that she could still see my ankle bones. I've had little trouble with swelling through my pregnancies. I only swell if I sit too long. Matt watched the kids at the park while I went to my appointment. I think I've actually gone to all of my appointments for this baby without any kids. How have I managed that?!

Jenn gave me a bag of clothes for Kate yesterday. Kate took over my job of going through them.



Kate loves to put things on her head, so Zach's "new" hat was a must to try on!

Kate has officially been fired from the job since she left all the clothes laying on the floor and I had to pick them all up.

Matt and I went on date night again last night! Can you guess where we went to dinner? If you answered Pizzeria Uno, you are correct! We talked about trying out Chili's, but we just couldn't resist what we already love. We went birthday shopping for Eleanor and bought a new battery for our phone. Now I can pick up the phone and not have it go dead on me or have it go dead in the middle of a call! :-) The lady at the Children's Place asked me when I was due...and I couldn't lie...so I told her the 4th of July unenthusiastically expecting a comment I didn't want to hear...BUT she actually said that I didn't look big, that my tummy looks small...and she became my new favorite person.

Matt took the kids canoeing this morning, but they didn't last long. It was cold and windy. Kate was quite upset that she didn't get to go. She held her arms up to Matt as he was leaving and started to whine when she realized that he was leaving without her. She was all ready to go with her hat and one shoe on, too!

But her siblings had a hat and TWO shoes on, so they got to go...although I notice that Eleanor is not actually wearing her hat, which is actually Zach's hat. Eleanor is in need of a canoeing hat...a.k.a combat headgear.


Emily is having her birthday picture taken this Tuesday since she missed her appointment last Tuesday because she was sick. I wanted to get her hair cut before her picture and decided today was the day to do it. Eleanor wanted her hair cut, too and since she'll have her picture taken a few weeks after Emily, I decided she should get her hair cut, too. Then I noticed that Zach was in need of a haircut, so he got elected to come along, too. Then when I realized that my hairdresser won't be back to work for another month from shoulder surgery, I decided that I would get my hair cut, too since I couldn't stand to wait another month. And Zoe came along for the ride, to get out of the house. Kate wasn't sad when I left. I guess getting a haircut is not as exciting as canoeing. We went to Mastercuts in the mall. The mall parking lot was packed and the hair salon was super busy, but I was determined to get haircuts so we settled in and waited. Zoe and Emily brought their Nintendo's to keep them busy. Zach's name was called after awhile (I'm not sure how long because I couldn't see a clock) and he walked bravely to the chair. I insisted that he wasn't going to cry during his cut...and he didn't. He cooperated through the entire haircut and he did great! He actually wanted another haircut when he was done. Soon enough, Zach. That's one difference between girls and boys, boys need more haircuts! When Zach was getting his haircut, one of the stylists commented that I look like I'm about to deliver any day now...she became my least favorite person. I told her that I was actually due in 8 weeks, but having 6 kids would make me look otherwise. She said it wasn't how big I was, but that I look like I'm carrying very low...she went up a few notches on the favorite list. So now when people comment on me looking like I'll deliver any day now, I'll assume they're saying that because I carry low. I've always carried low. Boy, girl doesn't matter, and from experience it doesn't mean I'll deliver early either.
Emily went next and then Eleanor. They both got their hair cut a little above the shoulders. And then I got a trim, which doesn't look different, but it feels lighter, which was needed. When I got home, Matt asked me if I actually got my hair cut. He always says that a good haircut is one that doesn't look like it has been cut. The kids were very good as they sat and waited for each other and then waited for me. Here they are with their new cuts. I didn't have the girls' hair styled, so this is what they look like today and every day from now.

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Happy Mother's Day! I think we need a side shot of you to judge if you're reading tomorrow or in 8 weeks! I know how you feel. People think they can say anything to a pregnant woman, don't they?

Kris said...

Cute haircuts! Zach looks very grown up in this picture.

Katie said...

So will you deliver this baby in a hospital? Im a little confused about what a midwife does, exactly. Do you get an epidural? So many questions. Dont you just hate it when people say things like that? Im sure you look great! Cute hair for the kids, Ryan freaks out when he gets his hair cut, and ella, sadly, still has none to be cut.

Gabriela said...

Happy Mother's Day!!!

I hope you had a great relaxing day!

I don't think you look a day over 6months along (can I be your favorite person?) :)

Cindy said...

That is such a cute picture in the canoe! I love it!