Thursday, May 08, 2008

8 weeks and counting

I'm looking very pregnant. Which is why I've decided that if any stranger asks me when I am due, I'm going to say "tomorrow". Because if I say "8 weeks" they will either say, "Are you having twins?" or "Do you think you'll go that long?" because I look like I'm going to deliver any day now. Why not tell them what they expect to hear?

I spotted our first bird eating from our feeder today. I think it's either a female rose-breasted grosbeak or a white-throated sparrow. I love watching birds, but I'm not good at naming them. My goal is to try to figure out which types of birds are visiting our feeder.
And I was so happy during dinner this evening when I spotted our first hummingbird! I pointed it out to Matt and Zoe, but when Zoe turned around to look, it flew off. It came back when Zoe was done eating, so Matt saw it and I tried to show Zach, but he wasn't seeing it. He went up to the window and then the hummingbird flew away. I think I'm going to stay silent from now on when I see a hummingbird, so I can enjoy him or her. The kids are on their own to spot them. I am so excited that the hummingbirds have returned!

Kate was in a mood at dinnertime. I was lingering at the table after everyone else was done, still eating jell-o when Kate threw her cup and it landed in a container of balsamic vinegar, which splashed all over me and my jell-o. Nice. I had it all over my face, hair, and clothes. I knew I shouldn't have worn the jeans today that I wanted to wear to the doctor tomorrow. Thanks, Kate!

3 comments:

Phae-Jae said...

I can't believe you only have 8 weeks left!

The last part is the worst part for me.

Sammie-J said...

In 8 weeks you'll no longer be the mother of FIVE. You'll be cooking for EIGHT, fixing baths for SIX, dressing SIX, doing laundry for EIGHT and how are you all going to fit in the same vehicle??
I envy you actually.
So, in 8 weeks will you be changing the name of your blog???

Cindy said...

Don't you just love how people speak before thinking???? I can't believe you only have 8 weeks left, either. It'll go quick and then you'll have another beautiful baby to love and coo over!