Monday, May 12, 2008

Awake, asleep, awake...

This is one of those evenings where I sat in my chair to read, read a bit (I started "The Wednesday Letters" by Jason F. Wright), and fell asleep. And now I'm trying to wake up enough to tell about my day.

Lyme Disease. When I see this now

I think of Lyme Disease. Our neighbors' dog has recently been treated for it. So whenever I see the deer now, I tell Eleanor and Zach who run for the window to see and end up scaring the deer away.

I took the kids to the park this afternoon. Since the Yukon is running again after a fixed flat tire, and the black flies will eat you alive or at least drive you insane if you go outside here, I'd like to take the kids to the park as often as I can. Eleanor made a friend (as usual) who will be in Kindergarten this fall like Eleanor. As of right now there are more children enrolled for Kindergarten in the fall than usual (about 30 kids), so a new Kindergarten teacher (a 5th teacher) will be hired. Anyway, Eleanor had fun playing with her friend until her friend decided to play with Zach.
Eleanor: "My friend is playing with Zach...I'm such a dum dum."
Me: (chuckling because Eleanor's expressions are as funny as her sayings) "Why?"
Eleanor: "Because my heart is broken!"
She was playing with her friend again before long and neither one of them wanted to leave when it was time to go...pretty typical for kids at the park!

Zoe made brownies for the treat this evening.

I preheated the oven for her, but forgot to take out the stone that we would be using ( I keep our Pampered Chef stones in the oven when they are not in use), so I got the oven mitts and took the hot stone out of the oven. Zoe put all the ingredients in the bowl and mixed and then I finished mixing and poured it into the stone. I opened the oven door and grabbed the stone, screamed, and miraculously landed the stone in the oven. Note to self: Use oven mitts when handling a hot stone! I didn't get burned bad, but my thumbs and index fingers were sore this evening. They feel fine now. And the brownies were delicious!

And the last thing I'd like to show you before I go back to sleep is my 33 week pregnant self. Only flattering comments welcomed. :-)



And this is REALLY the last thing. Looking for a good read? I finished reading "The Choice" by Nicholas Sparks the other day and it was so good! It was a good story and it made me think about the experiences I have and the choices I make. I can still say that I haven't read a Nicholas Sparks' book that I don't like.

4 comments:

Kris said...

Cute pictures! You look way too young to be having #6!

Dawn said...

I, too, love Nicholas Sparks, and especially loved The Choice.

You are indeed carrying this one low! Is that okay to say?

Sammie-J said...

First off I want to appologize for my comment the other day. I really didn't mean for it to sound bad, my attempt was to make you laugh, but after reading it I can see how some could take it the wrong way, so I'm sorry for that.
I honestly envy you because you're having baby #6.

I think that is so cool that you have deer come right up to your window. Isn't it cool living in the country? But yeah, be careful at the same time.

And YOU LOOK AWESOME!! :)

mindyluwho said...

You are beautiful!!!