Tuesday, May 27, 2008

More cleaning and portrait pictures

I began decluttering/cleaning the living room today. It's fun getting areas of the room looking good and the way I want it to be, but then it is a pain figuring out where to put the stuff that I don't want in those areas anymore. I keep tossing things into our room, which of course will lead to decluttering/cleaning that room. Our room is not big enough to cram a lot of stuff into!
I have decided we need a new shoe organizing system. I'm thinking of getting shoe bags that hang from the closet rod in the closet for everyone and then have a shoe rack in the living room for each of us to keep a pair of shoes by the door. Right now all of our shoes are in a big bin and it.is.a.pain to find a pair of shoes, especially when they are at the bottom of the bin. The bin was a nice solution to getting the shoes away from the front door, but I'm tired of digging for shoes.

Eleanor and I had our Walmart outing tonight to get her picture taken. She was such a cute model and wanted to hold different colored flowers for most of the pictures. She was excited to eat at McDonald's and wanted a Sundae just like Emily had...and then asked what a Sundae was. She was a fun date.

4 comments:

Kris said...

Shoes are tough! and we don't even have as many as you. What about some little shoe shelves by the door? we have one from Ikea that doesn't take up too much space, it seems to help. There are still shoes all over the floor usually though...

I'm glad you had a fun time with Eleanor. I am so sorry we missed Emily's and Eleanor's birthdays. We keep meaning to send cards, even so late, but haven't done it yet. I'm sorry.

Gabriela said...

Sounds like you are doing a lot of nesting lately!!! It won't be long now until you've got another little pair of shoes to keep track of!

Again, I am always amazed by your mom when I read your posts-you are so lucky to live close to her.

Isn't it time for another belly shot? :)

Sammie-J said...

I so feel your pain with the shoe thing. We hide our shoes in our foyer closet and I'm always digging for a pair.

And I agree with gabriela, we need another belly shot. :)

Dawn said...

I can never find a whole pair at Kristen's house!

I didn't know your mom worked at a university, too. What does she do? I think you're right - they're going to be pretty surprised when they discover all they don't know that I do.