Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Nesting?

My goal today was to declutter the kitchen. There were a lot of toys hanging out on the cupboards and everything that was on top of the fridge except the microwave and my recipe basket needed a new place to hang out. Seemed like a simple enough task...until I got going. Clearing off the top of the fridge led to cleaning off the top of the fridge. I noticed cobwebs in the corner near the ceiling while cleaning and had to get rid of those. This led to cleaning that small section of wall all the way down to the floor, which desperately needed a cleaning! Cleaning the front of the microwave which is on top of the fridge required cleaning the inside of it as well. The top of the fridge looked neat and clean, so the front and side of the fridge needed to be decluttered. Decluttering the front and side of the fridge led to cleaning dirty spots off the fridge. And on and on it went. Cleaning the shelf that holds our plates, cleaning appliances, cleaning behind appliances on the counter, cleaning the top and front of the stove, cleaning the wall above the counter and stove, and cleaning the top, front, and sides of the washer/dryer. Don't forget the pile of stuff that is accumulating on the table to be put away where it belongs or to be put in a new spot. Meanwhile, the kids are watching movie after movie after movie, and Matt is sick in bed. The sickness caught up to him, which has me worried that eventually I'm going to come down with it as well. It is a nasty sickness and I don't want it! I think I should move out for awhile. Anyone willing to take in a nesting, pregnant woman? I bet your house will be cleaner when I leave. My kitchen looks great!

3 comments:

Kris said...

I would love you to come stay with me!

I like those kind of projects too...although they do tend to expand a lot, don't they!

That is such a bummer Matt got sick. I hope he gets better soon. I was thinking you guys already had the sickness - I guess that was a different one. I'm sorry. Stay positive... if you've held out this long, being home with all the kids all the time, maybe you are safe! I hope. At least your kitchen is really clean...

Dawn said...

Wow, I sure hope you don't get the bug. It is unbelievable how much flu has gone around this winter and how it's extending into summer!

That's why I keep avoiding starting one of those cleaning jags - it's never ending! I can't even fathom how much cleaning I need to do.

Janae said...

I think you would be a great guest to have around if you are willing to do all that cleaning. My little projects usually turn into big ones like that too. I am really hoping you are avoiding that bug! Hope Matt is better soon:)