Thursday, May 01, 2008

Silence

I live for this time of night. The kids are all asleep and it is so quiet! The other day I was thinking how I always have this calm at night after the kids are asleep that I can look forward to every day. And then it hit me today...that's not going to be the case in 9 weeks! I love my peaceful, quiet evenings. The vision of seeing all of my kids asleep and hearing nothing got me through a very crazy dinnertime and evening tonight! I really hope this baby is content to be held, so I can continue to enjoy these quiet, restful evenings while cuddling and reading a book. The thought of cuddling in the evening without siblings around is a nice thought, too.

4 comments:

Janae said...

I also love that kind of silence:) It is the best after a long and busy day. I will hope the baby is a nice quiet cuddler:)

Kristen said...

9 p.m. is my golden hour. The older girls' bedtime is 8:30, 9 p.m. for the big boy; babies are usually asleep long before that. Unfortunately, by 9 p.m. I'm about ready to pass out myself, so my quiet time usually includes me hitting the pillow myself.

Enjoy your last 9 weeks of silence! ;-)

Dawn said...

I hope you have a contented cuddler, too. You and Kristen have a lot in common these days!

mindyluwho said...

Is it only 9 weeks away? (I hate it when people say that to me! The last couple of months are the slowest!) But still, it seems like you were just telling us you were expecting!

I too hope this one will be a sweet cuddler!