Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sisterly Love

Kate has bonded with Zoe. This morning I was holding Kate, but the minute Kate saw Zoe come into the living room and sit down, she quickly got off my lap and went to cuddle with Zoe. It was so sweet!

Kate saw another opportunity to cuddle with Zoe while she was sitting at the table.

Kate just couldn't get enough of Zoe this morning.

Today was a day on the go. Eleanor had her 5 year check-up with the doctor at 8:30 this morning and she was a great patient. She was even excited to get shots...until she realized the pain the first two caused and then she wasn't so excited about the last two. Those 5 year old shots are so sad when the crying starts before the shots are given. Eleanor obviously didn't realize at first the pain the shots would cause, which was nice, but she was well aware the second time around and she cried and tensed up, which made the shots hurt worse. Poor thing. Her arms were quite sore this evening, but she refused to take medicine. Hopefully, she'll sleep through the night and wake up feeling better in the morning.

We went to story time after the doctor's appointment, then we went to get ice cream because you can't expect your 5 year old to endure 4 shots without a reward!, and then we went to the park. There were quite a few kids at the park for Eleanor and Zach to play with, so we ended up staying there for an hour and a half. We left the house a little after 8:00 this morning and got home around 2:15. I must say it is nice having the Yukon to be able to have days away from home like this. :-)

My Mom came over to watch Eleanor, Zach, and Kate this evening so I could attend Portfolio night with Zoe and Emily. They each had the opportunity to show me what they have been working on this school year, and they have been busy! Zoe's 3rd grade folder looks micro next to Emily's 1st grade folder.

Emily's folder contains a lot of artwork that she did in art class. This one is my favorite.

Emily's teacher wrote this sweet letter to Emily, and her classmates received one, too. It was hard to read the letter to Emily as I was tearing up as I read. Emily has been blessed this year with such a great teacher. I wish Emily could have her every year.

Zoe also has a great teacher and she will have her next year, too, along with the same class, so I'm happy about that. :-) Emily is anxious to find out who her 2nd grade teacher will be...if she passes 1st grade. Zoe and I assured her that she will, but I think she still wonders.

4 comments:

Rachelle said...

What a cute bond between sisters!

Cindy said...

I love the pictures of Zoe and Kate! That is so sweet.

Phae-Jae said...

Sweet Bond:)

Yea for great teachers!

Katie said...

I love when Ryan and Ella are really lovey and cuddley with each other. It doesnt happen to often, but every once in a while they'll shock me and get along!