Sunday, May 25, 2008

Starting off the week tired

It was so nice being in the temple yesterday. I had a goal to bring a family name to the temple and I actually accomplished it! I'm great keeping up with journals and scrapbooks, but terrible at doing family history. I went to the temple with my mom and it was nice being on our own schedule. Usually we ride down with a temple worker and we go by her schedule. Our leisure schedule with a stop at the Ground Round in Augusta for dinner got us home a bit later than normal and we were both dragging today! But it was worth it I think. This was my last trip to the temple for awhile.
Matt and the kids had a good day. Matt made it to the dump, mowed the lawn, and made a potato salad for tomorrow's barbecue, the kids got to watch a movie (Land Before Time 2), so I think all went well.

I made it through half of church today tired and in a rotten mood, but by the end of church I was still tired, but my mood was better. Being at church and surrounded by loving people will do that. :-) It was one of those Primary days where 1 out of 4 teachers showed up and only 1 sub was prepared to teach (and that sub was my mom with a willing to serve attitude as I asked her on the way to the temple if she would be willing to teach a class if the teacher hadn't already ask someone else, which she hadn't.) But as always we survived and everything worked out in the end.
During Sharing Time, the older kids enjoyed making windsocks about their families. They drew a picture of their family and wrote 3 ways they can strengthen or help their family. Zoe liked it so much that she made another one this evening and then Emily joined her and I think they each made 3.
We had a potluck luncheon after church to celebrate Al & Mary Moore's recent marriage and to welcome Mary to our branch. I didn't get to visit with too many people since our family takes up an entire round table and I was too tired to get up and visit, but it was nice being there.

1 comment:

Kris said...

I'm so glad you got to go to the temple, and that Matt is feeling better! Hopefully tomorrow will be a restful day...