Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

I woke up to 4 of the kids completely ready for church. What a nice Mother's Day surprise! Zoe and Emily had everyone, except Kate dressed and fed before 7am. Impressive. And very sweet.

Zoe and Emily gave me gifts that they had made at school.
My new paper mache bowl from Zoe...

And a story about me from Zoe (click on it to read it)...

A poem and thumb print picture from Emily (A teacher drew the pictures around Emily's thumb print...

An envelope filled with coupons from Emily. I can pick out a coupon at any time and she's supposed to do what it says. This one says she will play with me. I don't think she'll have trouble with that one.

And a note from Emily...

Not only did the kids get dressed and fed before 7:00, but they also made me this card...


During Primary today, we had the kids make pictures using the outline of their hands.
Here is Zoe's...

And here is Emily's...

I'm not sure what happened to Eleanor's picture, but she did make one.
Zach also made a picture during nursery...

And since Kate wandered into nursery before it started and our nursery leader said she could stay, Kate made a picture in nursery, too...

I also received a pink carnation after Sacrament meeting from the young men and since there were several flowers left over, the primary girls each got one, too. That made my girls very happy!

We went over to my parents' home after church for dinner, which was very nice and then we came home. Matt had made me a sweet card and he bought me a beach bag that I had mentioned I wanted. What a great Mother's Day I had! The many thoughtful gifts and being with my family all day was special. I hope all of you mothers had a great day, too. :-)

6 comments:

Dawn said...

You did indeed have a wonderful Mother's Day! You deserve it.

Kris said...

I'm glad you had a good day, you are such a great mom! Zoe and Emily, you are such sweet & thoughtful daughters to pull off the morning surprise! I love it.

♥Shally said...

Sounds like a great day!!!

I love Mother's Day!

Rachelle said...

What a great day. And such heartfelt gifts - those are the best!

Kristy said...

What fun mother's day gifts from your kids!!! Mine are starting to grow out of that fun stage of the cute cards they make.

LaRae said...

Joey - you are so good to keep your blog so current. I am always impressed! I am so impressed that Zoe & Emily had everyone dressed & fed & cards made by 7 am. Such gifts are the best ever!