Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Still sick

Both Zoe and Emily stayed home from school today. Zoe's cold is doing much better, but poor Emily hasn't improved much since yesterday. She's hasn't thrown up since Saturday night, but she is very tired and she has eaten very little. I thought she would be up and around today, but she wasn't. Hopefully tomorrow.

Kate has a cold, too, but it hasn't slowed her down much.


Besides doing laundry today and taking care of 5 kids, I cleaned out our bird feeder which hasn't been used in awhile and has been hanging from a branch on a tree. I brought it inside and started scraping the old bird seed from the bottom. Then I lifted the top and discovered a wasp's nest and a wasp. At first I thought the wasp was dead, but then I saw a slight movement. It stayed where it was and I brought the feeder back outside. I plopped it on the ground, grabbed the rake, and removed the wasp and nest while standing as far back as I could. Mission accomplished. There is hope for Eleanor to get over her fear of bees...it just may take 30 years! I put new bird seed in the feeder and put it near our hummingbird feeder where we can look at both through our kitchen window. No signs of birds today. When I was outside, I noticed several wasps flying around looking for their nest. I wonder where they will build a new one.

This evening, Zach discovered the fun of pinching his nose and then letting go to see how long he could keep his nostrils closed. He looked so funny!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Ohhh, the sickness! I hope your kids get feeling better soon. It is so miserable. Way to handle the bee/ wasp incident, Im impressed!

Janae said...

I hope they are perking up by tomorrow. Poor Emily still feeling that bad since her b-day...no fun:(