Saturday, October 20, 2012

TOFW Day 2

We were blessed with safe travels last night in the dark and rain, although there were some bumps along the way.  We are now listening to Hilary Weeks over the sound system as we wait for the day to begin.  We got here after the doors were already open, so we weren't sure how close to the stage we would get, but sweet Aunt Tonia got here before us and saved us seats.  We have great seats as always!  I am excited to see and hear from Mercy River today!

Mercy River is singing A Beautiful life.  Love it!  Oh, loving this more...they are singing the everyday music in their lives as moms...Dora the Explorer!

Chris Williams...We heard him talk in Orlando, but I am happy to listen to him again.  His wife & 2 of his children were killed in an accident caused by a drunk driver in 2007.  He has a great story of hope & forgiveness.  The Savior will succor (run to) us in our times of hardship and trials.  He was inspired to Let it go.  Let the burden (anything he couldn't control) go.  Check out his book, Let it go (my recommendation, not his). He was invited to take upon himeself Christ's yoke.  Faith in Jesus Christ saved his life.  Prayer and repentance helped him gain a fresh perspective and saved his life.  The Holy Ghost helps us to see things as they really are.  In the temple, he felt his wife near and she told him to get busy and serve others.  He is now remarried to a widow with 2 small children.  They have 2 children of their own.  It has taken awhile to blend the family, but worth the effort.  Chris is singing Come Thou Fount and he sounds good.  :-)
Chris has inspired me to be forgiving, listen to the spirit, be obedient to God's will & live life.

Mercy River is sounding good, too.  I'm enjoying their stories and songs from their CD Higher.

Break Time...Just saw Gail Kill!

Deanne Flynn...Notes from God...I liked this one "Come to my house and bring your umbrella because I am watering my plants today."
What do you forget to remember?
1. Remember to listen
Listen to the spirit of the Lord...it takes practice
2. Look forward
There is a pinch of Lot's wife in us.  "The best is yet to be" by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland...read it :-).
Look forward, Press forward
3. Laugh often
Erma Bombeck...love her!
Genesis 21:6 "And God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear may laugh with me."  ~ Sarah
Try laughing instead of getting angry.
4. Love deeply
Remember that God loves us.
Deanne has inspired me to be more in tune with the spirit and to act on the promptings I receive.

S. Michael Wilcox
Moroni 7...Search for, lay hold & cleave to every good thing
It is not good to be alone.  We need the beautiful relationships of husbands and wives.
Go around and collect all good things in the world.
Mike has inspired me to learn more, read more & have different experiences.

Lunch break at Hot Table.  I had my first steak & cheese with red peppers pantini and it was delicious!
Aunt Tonia left for home at the start of lunch since she has such a long ride.

Now enjoying Hello Sunshine by Mercy River.  I love their non-CD songs!  They made up kid bedtime lyrics to the beat of 'N Sync's Bye Bye Bye and it was hilarious and fun!

Julie De Azevedo Hanks ~ Songwriter/singer/Therapist
Heavenly Father's will +
your unique gifts & talents = Your authentic self
1. Honor your emotions.  Emotions are not good or bad.  Emotions are a guide.  It is normal to have a broad range of emotions.
Emotions = Energy in motion
4 basic emotions...Happy,Mad,Sad,Scared
Be real and honest, so we can become who we are meant to be
2. Invest in your own growth.  Taking good care of yourself is key to developing your authentic self and having something to give to others.
2 Nephi 2:25...Men are that they might have joy.
Our potential is to have a fullness of joy.
Take something that you loved as a child and bring it back into your life.
3. Celebrate the good that is already in you.
If we talked to others the way we talk to ourselves, we would have no relationships!
Triangle of love=God,Neighbor,Self
Make a TA DA List at the end of the day to see the good you have done.
Julie is singing to us...Beautiful!
Julie has inspired me to enjoy being me and to not feel guilt when I feel mad.  I need to express my anger in a way that will keep me guilt-free.

Emily Freeman
The middle moments of our lives
1. The Lord is aware of our situations & He knows how to get us through.
2. Trust God's word
When was the last time you had an answer to prayer?
When was the last time you have received an answer during scripture study?
3. Trust God's timing
4. Trust God's example
Matthew 9
5. Trust that sacrifice will lead to miracles.
Emily has inspired me to trust God & to trust the promptings of the spirit that I receive.

Another great Time Out For Women!  Heading back to Maine now...

No comments: