Sunday, October 14, 2012

Looking Forward to Payday!

One thing that stood out to me during General Conference was the fact that our children should have chores and they should get paid for doing them. I think this stood out to me because I had the same thought even before conference began. I agree that our kids should earn money, so they can learn to budget and pay tithing. We have paid our children in the past for doing chores, but we get out of the habit when we don't have money to pay them. After hearing two different leaders mention payment for chores, I am determined to make it happen. During Family Council this evening, Zoe, Emily & Eleanor decided what chores they want to do and they quoted their price. They were close. Matt & I adjusted the price a little and the girls are now happy with the agreement. Right now, they are looking forward to having money in their hands! We are encouraging them to pay 10% for tithing, 10% in Savings and then they can spend the rest. I think Zach will be on board once he realizes that his sisters are getting paid for chores. He just wasn't paying attention during Family Council. Zach is one of our hardest workers when it comes to helping around the house.

No comments: