Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Perfect Timing

Everything that happened today just fell into place.  It was perfect! Noah & I took my grandmother to her Dr.'s apappointment, which was at 9am.  We got there at 8:45 and my grandmother was taken right in.  She was done at 9:15.  We went to the Dollar Tree where my grandmother bought some cards and she bought Noah a foam rocket launcher.  He has had so much fun with it today!  We drove over to St. Joseph's Hospital to meet up with Kim & Cindy to visit Priel (Priel is one of our Relief Society sisters who went into the emergency room 3 weeks ago with a ruptured small intestine.)  We were supposed to meet at 10:30, but we saw Kim & Cindy walking across the parking lot as we pulled in, so we didn't have to wait at all.  We had a nice visit with Priel, Brian & Tracy.  On our way home, my grandmother invited me & Noah to join her for lunch in the Senior Center.  Lunch was delicious and it was fun to meet some of my grandmother's friends.  We went up to my grandmother's apartment to get Noah's jacket that he left there yesterday and we visited for a bit.  I was so excited to see that my grandmother had a book that I have been wanting to read for awhile now!  It is called, "Heaven is Here" by Stephanie Nielson.  Stephanie's blog nieniedialogues.com is worth checking out.  Stephanie is amazing!  I am so excited to read her book! (my grandmother let me borrow it :-)  My Dad visited my grandmother while I was there and he told me that my Mom took the day off from work.  Noah & I went to visit her for awhile.  Noah played on pbskids.org while my Mom & I played Phase 10 and talked.  That was a nice, unexpected part of my day, just like the lunch we enjoyed with my grandmother.  Noah & I headed over to Zach's classroom to play the concentration math game with Zach's classmates that we didn't get a chance to play with on Monday.  Noah is making friends in Zach's class.  :-)  After school, we drove to church for my presidency meeting and the kids played in the gym.  Zoe & Emily stayed after school for soccer practice.  Matt picked Zoe & Emily up from practice and then drove to church to drop Zoe off for young women's and pick up Noah, Kate & Eleanor to bring home.  Zach had fun playing games at the pack meeting.  Zoe worked on a personal progress goal.  Zoe, Zach & I were away from home today for exactly 12 hours!  It was a good day, though.  Now, we are waiting for the Presidential debate to come on.  Go Romney!

1 comment:

Kris said...

Wow that was a busy day! It sounds like you and Noah are having a great time together, that's fun to have a little buddy :) I'm glad everything worked out perfectly, it's good to notice when that does happen!

Oh and PS I've been wanting to read that book too, I love nienie.