Thursday, May 31, 2012

Another Nest, New Recipe & Concert

I think the Daddy Phoebe built his own nest to relax in. I just noticed it today.
The baby Phoebes are now out and about. I took a picture of them a few weeks ago.
 I didn't have my camera with me when I went to check on the nest or I would have captured them all sticking their heads out with their beaks wide open.

Noah had fun jumping from the house.  It's not a high jump.
Kate enjoyed looking out the window.



I made a new delicious chicken recipe for dinner. It's called Easy BBQ Bake. Anything with easy in the title gets my attention! Kate & Zach loved it!

Ingredients

3/4 cup barbecue sauce 3/4 cup honey 1/2 cup ketchup 1 onion, chopped 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (I used 8 thighs and should have cooked more!)

Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). In a medium bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, honey, ketchup and onion and mix well. Place chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Pour sauce over the chicken and cover dish with foil. Bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until chicken juices run clear.

Super easy and yummy! I love allrecipes.com!

Zoe & Emily weren't around for dinner because they were with Caitlin & Cassidy getting ready for their Spring Band/Chorus Concert. This was my 6th time listening to the middle school students perform and tonight was my favorite performance! The kids sounded good and the music selection was awesome! Eye of the Tiger, Wipeout, Pink Panther (which the younger kids recognized), The National Anthem & Take Me Out to the Ballgame to name a few. We enjoyed listening to you play Emily & Zoe!

No comments: