Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day Parades

We had a fun day together as a family remembering those who have died serving our country.

My Mom & Emily brought Zoe over to Prospect at 11:30am to line up for the parade. The rest of our family meant to get there in time to see Zoe march by, but we arrived late and we missed her!   We did get to see her perform in the ceremony.
The kids were super excited to see our friend, Emily!


We went over to my parents' house for yummy hamburgers and hot dogs. My grandmother was there, too.  My Mom bought my Dad a new grill, but it didn't arrive until after we ate. :-( He still had his old grill to cook on, though. 

I loved the flag hanging over the street in Bucksport for our parade.

The High School Band


We attended the brief ceremony in Bucksport
and then we got ice cream with Patriotic sprinkles!

We came home to have Family Home Evening.  The ice cream was our treat, so we talked about doing the rest of FHE in a backward order, but we ended up doing it our usual way.  Instead of a treat, the kids ate a late dinner since they have growing bodies that need to be nourished constantly!

No comments: