Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Miscellaneous

My interest in Online Business Systems ended when I found out that the product I would be selling is Herbalife.  I know Herbalife has a bad rep.  I'm not positive that Online Business Systems would be a pyramid scheme, but I wasn't about to invest $399 that I don't have to find out.  I just don't get why popular talk show hosts are endorsing this company if it is a scheme.  I read this quote from Elder M. Russell Ballard this morning from the April 1987 Conference that made me feel at peace with my decision.
"...everyone faces financial challenges in life. Through wise budgeting, control your real needs and measure them carefully against your many wants in life. Far too many individuals and families have incurred too much debt. Be careful of the many attractive offers to borrow money. It is much easier to borrow money than it is to pay it back. There are no shortcuts to financial security. There are no get-rich-quick schemes that work. Perhaps none need the principle of balance in their lives more than those who are driven toward accumulating “things” in this world.
Do not trust your money to others without a thorough evaluation of any proposed investment. Our people have lost far too much money by trusting their assets to others. In my judgment, we never will have balance in our lives unless our finances are securely under control."


I told Emily before her softball game this evening that I would pay her a dollar per hit.  She has been struggling to hit the ball this season.  I had a feeling that a motivator would help her and it did.  It was fun to see her get a hit!  The ball rolled inside of the first base foul line and she was tagged out, but I was proud of her hit. :-)


Zach wrote a story about farm animals that goes like this..."When I get a farm I will take care of them until they are to big.  I will eat the anamil but we will not eat the little wons."  I love 1st grade stories!


No comments: