Monday, June 30, 2008

Baby Predictions

For my lesson tonight for Family Home Evening, I read a story about a boy who is concerned that there is no room for their new baby to be. He was concerned that there was no room for the baby's dishes, no room for a baby bed, no room for a baby chair, no room for a baby seat in the car, and no room for the baby at church. I thought it was very fitting for our situation! We do have room in our car for one more car seat, and we can fit a baby bed in our room, but when the baby moves into the crib in the kids' room, we'll have to figure out how we're going to fit six in that room. In the story, the mother always replies to the boy's concerns, "We'll find room", and that's exactly what we'll do. Adding another chair to our kitchen table will be tricky, but we'll figure it out when the time comes.
We also talked about the kids when they were babies. We compared what time they were born, how much they weighed, how long they were, and what room I stayed in at the hospital with them.
Zoe was born on March 18, 1999 at 8:55am, 8lbs 2 1/2oz, 20 1/2 inches long, Room #705
Emily was born on May 3, 2001 at 4:57pm, 7lbs 11oz, 21 inches long, Room #714A
Eleanor was born on May 15, 2003 at 10:54am, 8lbs 13oz, 21 inches long, Room #710B
Zachary was born on March 7, 2005 at 2:31am, 8lbs 10 1/2oz, 21 inches long, Room #702
Kate was born on February 6, 2007 at 11:06am, 8lbs 14oz, 21 inches long, Room #715
Then we all guessed the date the baby would be born, what time, how much he will weigh, and how long he will be.
Matt predicts that "Taco Bill" will be born on July 3rd at 5:47pm, weighing 8lbs 10oz, 21 inches
I predict that "Taco Bill" will be born on July 3rd at 9:45am, weighing 8lbs 12oz, 21 inches
Zoe predicts that "Taco Bill" will be born on July 2nd at 7:45am, weighing 8lbs 11oz, 21 inches
Emily predicts that "Taco Bill" will be born on July 4th at 7:00am, weighing 8lbs 7oz, 22 inches
Eleanor predicts that "Taco Bill" will be born on July 1st & 2nd (at midnight), he will be little, but 40 inches long!

What do you predict?

Janet and Steve, we received our package today from you. The kids excitedly opened it after the mail lady delivered it, and they immediately spotted the package for them in the box and opened it. It was fun listening to Zoe read the book to her siblings. You always pick out the best books! I'm anxious to be able to use the burp cloths and blankets, and the changing pad is perfect since I always change diapers on our bed. THANK YOU! One of these days we'll have baby news for you!

6 comments:

Dawn said...

So Emily was your little one! Both of our kids weighed 7 lbs. 7 oz. and were 10.5 inches long. I was an 8 lb. 12 ouncer myself.

I hope it's soon!

Kris said...

I am thinking the 2nd or 3rd as well (my mom has it on her calendar...I can't remember which).

It's kind of fun that you have these few 'extra' days for everyone to really get excited and anticipate the big day! That was such a cute book my mom found, I got a sneak peek at it before it went in the mail.

We're excited for you! It will be so fun to see what he looks like and find out if his name is REALLY Taco Bill!

Katie said...

Well, i would say today, since its our anniversary, but seeing that it is 9:23 here, Im guess June 30, is nearing its end for you guys Im saying July 4th. 8lbs 4 oz and will be 20 inches. Good luck!

Gabriela said...

July 4th, 3:59 am.

Cute post! I'm sure you guys will find room for Taco Bill.

Can't wait to hear the announcement. :) good luck.

Cindy said...

I was telling Myshel and Chad that your baby could come any day now. Myshel asked how many kids you have and I told her this would be your sixth. Her response: "How does she find room for everyone and everything". I told her, "You just do, because you them so much". And I know you guys will find room, too, because that baby is loved so much already!

I'm really excited for you all. When I was reading your post, July 4th came to mind. (although for your sake, I hope he decides to come sooner!) So, I'll say July 4th, 10:46AM

Janae said...

I think I am July 3rd on Janet's calendar, so I am hoping for that:) I am crossing my fingers for sooner rather than later though for you:)