Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Confession

My actual due date is today. I am sitting here at the computer updating you, so obviously no baby yet. I'm not surprised. Zoe was my only baby due early...1 day early because I had a scheduled c-section. Emily was 7 days late, Eleanor was 6 days late, so when I was pregnant with Zach I figured he would be 5 days late. Nope, 10 days late, and then Kate was 11 days late. So I came up with my own due date of July 3rd, but I've been telling people today that today is my due date because it really is and I like to hear their responses. I took the kids to story time this morning and when the librarian heard that today was my due date, she just couldn't believe I was there and kept saying what a strong woman I am. I'm just keeping busy because sitting at home dwelling on the fact that I'm tired and anxious to have a baby makes the day go by SLOW. I took the kids to McDonald's for Sundaes after story time and a man asked me if all the kids around me were mine. When I said yes, he let out this loud laugh that said I was crazy, but since I had the same thought about him, I wasn't offended by it. I did notice as the kids and I sat down at a huge table that if Matt and the new baby were with us, we would fill up all the seats. I don't think of our family as big until I notice things like that.
I took Zoe, Emily, and Eleanor to the pool this evening. Zach was taking a nap when Matt got home from work, so Matt stayed home with Zach and Kate. I was able to swim and play with the older girls, which was nice. One of Zoe's classmates, Bella, was at the pool, so Zoe was able to play with her in the deep end. It was Zoe's first time in the deep end without me and as I watched her, it struck me how old she is getting. *sigh*

My doctor is on vacation this week and I'd really like him to deliver this baby, so I'm willing to wait until next week. I'm hoping for any day next week except for Friday since it is the 4th of July and my doctor will have the day off. Monday would be nice.

7 comments:

Katie said...

any day now. I cant believe that. Seems like the fastes nine months ever. Maybe not for you though... Good luck, Im excited for you!

Kris said...

Wow! Monday would be nice. I'll cross my fingers for you....

Phae-Jae said...

Blogger ate my comment:(

I said...

Sunday is a GREAT day for a birthday, I know...because it's mine!

I hope your doctor is able to deliver!

Cindy said...

You are amazing Joey! Good luck in the days to come. I'll be thinking about you!

mindyluwho said...

I went to our ward campout on my due date with my last baby. People were shocked! But, like you, my babies were always at least 8 days after my due date so I knew I was safe!

Hoping for Monday for you!

LaRae said...

Hope all goes well when the time arrives & also hope you get your doc to deliver the baby! Your own doc is always the best. Can't wait to see that new baby! :)

Sammie-J said...

I remember being at work on my due date. It was one of the hottest days of the summer and I could feel everyone looking at me as if I was going to pop any moment.

I'm checking your blog constantly now, wondering if Taco Bill is here. I hope you do plan to tell us, right? Or at least have Matt log into your blog and tell us. :)

Take care!!!