Saturday, June 14, 2008

Summer is almost here...let's celebrate!

Zoe took this picture of me this morning with all of her siblings trying to sit with me in my chair. She said, "I'll take a picture and then you can put it on your blog to show you had a tough morning." A future blogger in the making.


One of Emily's classmates and close friends at school had an end of the school year party this afternoon. It was a lot of fun! I debated whether to take the younger children or not, but since Matt ended up attending, conducting, and speaking at a funeral today, I brought all of the kids. I'm glad I did because they all had a great time.

The bounce house was a favorite of Zach's and Kate's. It was nice being able to stick Kate in there and not have to hold her or chase her around all afternoon.








There was an art tent where the kids could paint and decorate surf boards and flowers.


A swimming pool and sprinkler were available to cool off in.


Here is Emily with her friend, Daisy.

I forgot Zach's bathing suit, but I told him he could swim in his shorts. He finally decided to go swimming right before we left, but he kept trying to take off his shorts because he didn't want to get them wet. I had to keep a close eye on him to make sure he kept his shorts on!

They had lots of yummy snacks, cake and ice cream, giant pixie sticks, and water balloons to play with. The party went from 1-3pm and we left at 4pm. Even then I had to drag my kids away from the bounce house. I love summer days like this. The ones that involve a lot of play and sun, so when the children lay down at night to sleep, they don't have the energy to play anymore, fight, or ask to be tucked in 10 times before they fall asleep!

3 comments:

Kris said...

cute pictures... including Zoe's... keeping it real! Your kids all love you and it is so cute they all want to be right there with you! I love busy summer days too.

♥Shally said...

I LOVE that first picture! I told my husband just yesterday that I feel like a door mat sometimes!

Janae said...

This looks like the perfect summer day. Great photos too:) I liked Zoe's "keeping it real" a definite blogger girl:)