Thursday, June 26, 2008

1 week and counting!

Hopefully, it will be less than a week, but really by now I should know not to hope for such things. Today has been a long day. Zoe had her swimming lesson this morning, which went well. The kids were good and Zoe enjoyed her class. She is in the intermediate class now, so she does a lot of swimming back and forth practicing different strokes that she has learned in her other classes. She was also introduced to the side stroke, which they will stick with until the 4 in her class (Zoe is the only girl) master it and then they'll learn the breast stroke. Zoe is the youngest in her class and she gets tired quicker than the boys, but overall I think she did great today.

We spent most of the day at home. I washed the kids' bedding today, which produced more heat to our already hot house. I felt like I was moving in slow motion all day.
Zach wanted to talk with my mom today on the phone, so I called her at work to see if she had a few minutes to talk to Zach. He was so cute pacing around as he talked to my mom with one hand in his pocket. Zoe thought it was the cutest thing, too.


I decided to take the kids swimming this evening because I needed a break from the house and we really need to take advantage of these days without a baby to take care of. Yes I am anxious for our baby to be born, but I also know that life as we know it is going to change when that happens, so we'll do as much as we can while we wait for the big day.

Matt isn't feeling well again. He is having a tough year with sicknesses. He had Peter come over this evening to give him a Priesthood blessing. It was a beautiful blessing, which assured us that Matt's illnesses would pass in a season. We also heard about the many blessings that we have received from Matt's church service and his faith. We definitely have been blessed! So now this baby needs to wait until Matt is feeling better, and I have a cold, so it would be nice to be over that before delivery day, and my mom informed me that Monday is not a good day for her to take off from work, so now the earliest "Taco Bill" can be born is Tuesday. I've said all along that this baby will be born in July, so that would work.

1 comment:

Kris said...

I am thinking of you! Taco Bill could be here any minute! But I will hope for Tuesday now... I'm sorry Matt is sick again. I hope he bounces back quickly. It's neat you are making the most of these last few days before the baby comes, but I'm sure it is tiring too. Hang in there!