Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Give me a dang binky!

It is 8:48pm and Kate is still awake because no binkies can be found. Zach is still awake too, but he doesn't have the same excuse. I just talked with Matt who is on his way home from church meetings and he is going to stop at the store. I really hope he makes it there before it closes in 10 minutes. We are in for a long night if he doesn't. I briefly thought about taking advantage of this opportunity to get rid of the binkies for good since I can't find one, but I am not ready to take that step. Kate keeps saying "binky" and crying. It is so sad.

What else can we talk about while Kate is crying and we wait for a binky? Zach not only enjoyed watching the sprinkler today, but he enjoyed getting wet, too. He also wore his hat all day. He really likes it.
Kate loves to eat oranges, but the juice from them keeps staining her cute clothes. I use Spray 'n' Wash, but it's not getting the juice out. Any suggestions? I put a bib on her when she eats them, but she still manages to get juice somewhere on her clothes.

Matt came home with no binkies, but he had the thought on his way home to look in several places, like my church bag and the diaper bag. The first place he looked, in my church bag, he found a binky. Kate must have dropped it in there when she was looking out the window to watch the kids outside. I'm glad he was inspired to know where to look. Happy sleeping!

2 comments:

mindyluwho said...

I hope you got a good night's rest!

Tilex works good for getting stains out, but it can leave bleach spots, so be careful what you use it on. Generally if the cloth has some polyester in it then it won't bleach, but you might want to test spot first. If the item is white, then spray away!

Janae said...

I am glad Matt found the binky! Doug can always find stuff that I can't! You are so great to only call it a "dang" binky...I might of had some other choice words for it;)