Monday, June 09, 2008

Eleanor's wish

Early this morning, Eleanor asked me if she could go next door to Jenn's house. I told her that Jenn hadn't called to invite her over, so no she couldn't go over. Not long after that Jenn called to see if I could watch her 2 youngest children so she could go on a field trip with her oldest. So Eleanor was able to play with her friends here...and then when Jenn got back Eleanor asked if she could go over to her house. So now Eleanor is right where she wished to be this morning, over at Jenn's. And I am enjoying some quiet time with Zach as he watches "Lazy Town", and Kate is sleeping. Even though I am sweating to death, I am enjoying this moment.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I heard on the nes today that the east coast is having such hot weather. We're in the 70s, which is just fine with me!

Thanks for telling me what your mom does - that can be a very detail-oriented job, for sure!

Gabriela said...

Don't you love it when things work out? And can I just say how nice you are to watch 2 extra kids when you have 5 and are 37 weeks pregnant?