Sunday, June 08, 2008

A favorite recipe

We went over to my parents' home after church today for a delicious meal. After heating up the kitchen on the this hot, humid day, it was decided it would be the last cooked meal at their house until the fall. My parents' house is always cool, but we managed to heat it up with our stove top meal. Zoe had requested the haddock that I make. She is the only one of our kids who likes some of the meals I make.

Saucy Skillet Fish
6-8 servings

Ingredients:
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1-1/4 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 pounds halibut, haddock, or salmon fillets or steaks
1 medium onion, sliced (which I don't use)
1/3 cup butter or margarine
1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley (which I don't use)

Directions:
In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour, salt, paprika and pepper. Add fish and shake to coat (if using fillets, cut into serving-size pieces first). In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; remove and set aside. Add fish to the skillet; cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove fish to a serving plate and keep warm. Add sour cream, basil and onion to the skillet; heat through (do not boil). Serve over fish. Garnish with parsley.

I put the sauce in a bowl to be served on the side. My sauce is the sour cream and the basil. I am not a big fish fan, but this haddock with sauce is very yummy!

1 comment:

mindyluwho said...

We have a ton of salmon and I've been looking for new recipes to try because I only know how to make it two ways. This looks yummy. I'm going to try it next week.