Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Soon to be Kindergartner

I just slept through half a movie, but I can't let another day go by without blogging.
Eleanor had her Kindergarten screening today. When I asked her what her favorite part was about being at the screening in her school she exclaimed, "everything!" I met with Mrs. Pelletier who was Zoe's and Emily's Kindergarten teacher, which was fun. Nothing has really changed since Emily was in Kindergarten, so we secretly talked about the fact that the principal has been taking parent requests, even though she told her staff when she was hired last year that she didn't like doing that, so it wouldn't be done. When I met with Mrs. Marble, the principal, I was listing Eleanor's siblings when Mr. Eberhardt (a special ed teacher) overheard me mention Zoe and he told me what a sweet, sweet girl Zoe is. That was nice to hear. At the end of the conversation with Mrs. Marble, I asked her if she is taking parent requests. She hesitated and I mentioned the fact that Zoe and Emily had Mrs. Pelletier and I'd like Eleanor to have her too, but then I had to add that I'd like Eleanor to get the teacher that best fits her. I keep joking with Mrs. Pelletier that she may not want Eleanor in her classroom because she is a lot different than Zoe and Emily...but she would be a lot of fun!...when she's not trying to get Eleanor to stop talking or pick up after herself. Usually we have to wait until August to find out who the Kindergarten teacher will be, but we should know sometime next month since the new principal wants the decision made quicker than before. I'm glad because I hate waiting until August!

1 comment:

Kris said...

Eleanor is going to have so much fun! She sounds so ready for kindergarten. (Is kindergarten ready for her?! :) ) We have to wait until right before school starts to find out classes & teachers... it would be nice to find out sooner.

Only 16 days until Taco Bill!!!