Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Kids' room organized - check

I finished organizing the last "problem area" in the kids' room today.

Miscellaneous toys have been stored behind the bed, plus I have been putting more miscellaneous stuff behind there since I've been organizing the room. I took everything out from behind the bed and found new homes for everything, so here is the end result.

My goal was to have nothing stored in this area and I succeeded. :-) Hopefully, it will stay that way. Did you notice I took down the Christmas lights that were in the room? They stopped working a few days ago and they have been falling down in spots, so I got rid of them today. Zach hates the dark and when he woke up in the middle of the night a few nights ago to total darkness and stumbled into our room crying, I ended up turning the bathroom light on for him, but he didn't wake up last night and I'm hoping that having it darker in the room will help him and Eleanor to sleep better at night. They each wake up at least once during the night and ask me to cover them up and this has been going on for awhile now. Last night was the first night in a LONG time that all the kids slept through the night. It would be nice to have more nights like that before the baby is born.

I set up our sprinkler this afternoon for the kids. Yesterday was a better day to use it since it was hotter, but we didn't have time before Family Home Evening. The sprinkler is definitely the way to go. It is so easy to set up and put away and the kids had a great time.




Kate isn't convinced yet that getting "rained on" is great fun, but she did enjoy being outside. She was quite upset with me when I brought her inside because she was turning into one big bug bite and I was getting bit, too.

Zach thought the sprinkler was fun and he loved to watch it, but getting wet is still debatable.

Zach does know that getting a hat just like daddy's is very cool!

He also knows that daddy can wear his hat whenever he likes, but Zach has to go fishing on Saturday to wear his. How fair is that???

We found out today that Mrs. White will be Emily's 2nd grade teacher next year. We know little about her. She has been teaching at the middle school, but I don't know for how long. I do know that she has taught elementary before. I hope Emily has more to tell us on Thursday when she meets her new teacher and classmates.
Zoe will have the same teacher and class that she has had this year. I think Zoe is a bit bummed that she isn't going through the excitement of a new teacher and class, but I think she'll enjoy getting back into the swing of things in the fall with Mrs. Lalonde. She is such a great teacher!

My mom treated me out to dinner this evening and then we did some shopping at Walmart. It was fun to get out. Thanks again, mom!

6 comments:

Dawn said...

You are getting everything organized before you add another little person - it is a good thing. I hope they sleep through the night, too! The twins are really doing great right now - now if the big girls will just start sleeping in their own beds all night long!

Kris said...

The sprinkler does look fun, and good point about it being easy... when it gets warm enough here we'll have to find ours! I love the picture of Matt and Zach.

mindyluwho said...

I love the sprinklers! I used to play in them when I was a kid (who had a pool back then anyway?).

Doesn't it feel good to be organized. I always feel a big burden being lifted off my shoulders when I finally get an area decluttered.

Phae-Jae said...

Great job on all the organizing!

The sprinkler idea is a good one:)

Look at all that green, pretty land you have!

Sammie-J said...

What a great idea with the sprinkler. Now we'll have to get ours out very, very soon. We'll see if Jordan likes that, he probably won't though, he's a big wimp.

And might I add that Kate looks so cute in her little bathing suit.

Janae said...

What fun in the sprinkler:) I am glad you had a night out with your mom. Those are so fun:) I hope everyone continues to sleep through the night. I am always amazed that Nicolette usually sleeps through the night better than Vivi...(sigh.)