Friday, April 25, 2008

10 weeks

Today was a cooler, cloudy day, so the kids and I dropped Zoe off at basketball and then came home. I did a load of laundry and cleaned the bathroom and then we were out the door again to pick Zoe up. This week has thrown my laundry routine off. I hate doing a load or two a day, but that is exactly what is happening this week...and the laundry basket is still full! Plus I had to wash the bathroom rug today because Zach waited until the last possible second to go to the bathroom this afternoon, and then peed all over his pants and the rug while he was getting ready to sit on the toilet. I am partly to blame for that accident since I knew he needed to go pee, but was too tired to fight with him about going to the bathroom, so I waited for him to tell me...which in the past has resulted in accidents. I know better.

We passed a sign today about an upcoming children's fair in town and I mentioned it to the kids and also mentioned that it is on Emily's birthday. Emily asked if we could go and I said that we probably could. Then Zoe pipes up with, "But it's on your birthday!" and Emily replies, "So, I can go out on my birthday, it's not like I'm grounded!" Her birthday is looking to be quite a busy day.
Our local paper has this page about the children's fair.

Is that Zach? I say yes from the knowledge that we were at the children's fair last year (you can see more pictures here) and he was wearing that hat and shirt, but the face doesn't look much like him. It's the mouth and chin that look different. He has no chin! I'll have to look at him from the side tomorrow to compare with the picture.

The countdown is on. We have 10 weeks left before our baby arrives. 10 weeks of sleeping through the night, 10 weeks of not nursing, 10 weeks of not carrying a fully loaded diaper bag around, 10 weeks of peaceful evenings to do what I want to do, 10 weeks of an extra seat in the Yukon, 10 weeks of blogging consistently, 10 weeks for "baby Kate" to be the baby (very sad!), 10 weeks of not carrying around a carseat, 10 weeks of only having 1 baby to take care of during Primary (Kate goes into nursery in August), and 10 weeks to agree on a name for this baby!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Wow - the time has gone fast! Savor every moment!

Kris said...

I have been thinking lately that the little floating baby number is getting smaller fast!

I think that is Zach, that is funny!

Janae said...

Enjoy those last moments:) It does look like Zach on the paper. That is fun:)