Sunday, April 20, 2008

Fun-filled day

The kids treated me and Matt to a "get up when you're ready" morning which was very sweet of them! I could hear Kate fussing, but I wasn't ready to get out of bed, so I waited to see if she would settle down. She fussed on and off, but it wasn't a demanding get me out of this crib NOW cry, so I ignored her. The kids got up and I waited for Zach or Eleanor to come into our room, but they never did. I could hear Zoe and Emily getting chocolate milk for their younger siblings and then they got the cereal out. Zoe and Emily tidied up the living room and bedroom and wanted things to be just perfect when Matt and I got up. But things started to go downhill when Eleanor wanted a package of fruit snacks and Zoe insisted that she wait. Eleanor didn't want to wait and she started to whine and cry. At this point, I got up and took over. I appreciated the time I was able to just lay in bed and relax while waking up though. :-)

Matt, Zoe, Emily, Eleanor, and Zach went canoeing on this sunny, warm Spring day. It was much more pleasant for the kids than going in the rain. They caught one fish, but the fish got off the hook before a picture could be captured. But they all claim that they saw it. I had a quiet morning/early afternoon with Kate who slept for about 3 hours. I finished preparing my Sharing Time, played on the computer, and hunted for salad and sandwich recipes on allrecipes.com. We used our oven for the last time this evening until the fall. Usually at this time of year, Matt is ready to ban the oven use, but not me. However, being pregnant has me agreeing with Matt this year that it's time to turn it off!

Zoe, Emily, Eleanor, Zach, and I went to the Dairy Port for ice cream this afternoon. Our first time of the season and it was delicious! Then we went to the park. We are enjoying these bug-free sunny days while we can. The black flies will be out before we know it, which puts a damper on outside play for a month or so. It's hard to keep the kids inside during that time though because it is so nice out and they've been inside all winter long!

3 comments:

Kris said...

What a fun Saturday! It's so nice when the great, sunny weather comes on the weekend. I'm impressed with Matt and his canoe trips! That is so great.

Dawn said...

I'm glad you're having some nice weather. Yesterday was gorgeous here and we took Kristen and the girls to the zoo - it was VERY warm. The babies did great.

I agree about moon sand - messy, essy stuff!!

Your school schedule seems to have lots of whole weeks off. Do they go later in the summer than we do?

Janae said...

What a wonderful treat! I think days like this are priceless...it also shows us as parents how much the kids are really capable of. (they don't always like us to know that we know how capable they are.)