Sunday, April 27, 2008

It's great to be a mom!

I discovered a new website this morning called Lookybook, which lets you look at picture books before you buy them. I think it would be neat to read these books to the kids on-line when they get in a groove of reading the same books that we already have over and over again. Plus, there are many books on the site that we wouldn't be able to get at our local library, so our picture book selection increases with this site. I like reading new books to the kids that we haven't read before. And as a bonus, Kate can't rip these on-line books. :-)

Zoe and I met at church this morning for a mother-daughter brunch (Achievement activity). The girls have been learning about table manners and they displayed them very well today. They also planned our nutritious and delicious brunch.
Here we are waiting for the activity to start.

And here are the girls singing to us mothers.

The songs and the entire activity were very touching and made me feel special. It was nice to have this one on one time with Zoe.
Here's a group shot of the girls and their mothers, and our primary president.

Zoe gave me this red rose at the activity. And it is displayed on our table that I cleaned off today, set at a different angle, and is now surrounded by 2 highchairs instead of 3.


Eleanor has inherited my fear of bees. Although my fear of bees has improved A LOT over the years. But poor Eleanor is at the stage of fear where she sees a bee and she runs in the house and refuses to go back out. When I heard myself say to Eleanor, "If you don't bother them, then they won't bother you" I had to chuckle to myself because I have never believed that saying. I stood perfectly still as a kid as a bee flew around me, it landed on my hand, and it stung me. I was not bothering the bee, but it definitely bothered me! We do have wasps that fly around our door and fly around the shed that need to be taken care of (if you know what I mean). And there was a time when I would have refused to go out, too!
Eleanor was talking about honey today, but she called it "bee stuff."

Matt and I watched "The Ultimate Gift" this evening and it is an excellent movie! One that touched my heart and I didn't want to end.

4 comments:

Gabriela said...

what a fun activity! You look great-I can't believe you only have 10 weeks left. :)

Dawn said...

Feisty is so afraid of bees (and many other thing), as was Anakin. Care Bear not so much. She'll pick up bugs that others run from (not bees, of course!) I say the exact same thing to them. But you're right, it's not always true!

Katie said...

I have a litte fear of Bees too, and Im not even sure why. Ive never been stung before. I cant believe you only have 10 weeks left, that's so exciting. Are the kids excited? I, too, cant wait till Ella enters nursery!

Janae said...

I am so afraid of bees/hornets myself. The hornets are just plain mean and for sure will come after you without reason or cause. What a fun day for you and Zoe. It is nice to have these mom "payoff" days sometimes:)