Thursday, April 24, 2008

Having a good week

The weather has been very cooperative this week, so I have been able to drop Zoe off at basketball and then take Emily, Eleanor, Zach, and Kate to the park. It was already in the 60's this morning at 9:00! Things have gone pretty smoothly, except for yesterday when I was trying to figure out how to fold up our double stroller after using it at the park. I was tempted to just leave the stroller at the park after looking it over many times trying to find the magic button that would fold the stupid thing, but then I finally figured it out. Emily wisely told me that I should remember how to do it for next time. Grrrrr!

Zoe and Emily were extra helpful this morning. :-) Zoe got Zach dressed without being asked and then she wanted to get Kate dressed. Zoe and Emily washed the dishes like I asked them to and then without me asking they dried them and put them away. They cleaned up the toys while I was in the shower and they made me this sweet card.


Very sweet!

My mom was going to come over this evening, but since our house was as hot as a sauna, I decided we better go over to her house where it is nice and cool. I went through some more clothes while I waited for my mom to get home and then we ate dinner after she got home. The kids are never in a hurry to leave "Grammie's house", so my mom and I played a game of Phase 10 before I rounded up the kids to come home. It wasn't a peaceful game, but it was still fun. All of the kids laid down to sleep at 8:30 and I haven't heard a peep from any of them since. :-)

2 comments:

Kristy said...

I wish my kids were in bed right now.....it is only 8:49 in Utah. Maybe soon!!

Janae said...

What sweet girls they were feeling like today:) I love getting cards like that...they are the best:)