Friday, April 18, 2008

Little helpers

Eleanor and Zach have been playing together a lot lately, which has been nice. They have their spats now and then, but overall they get along well. Throughout the week, they have been going outside for short periods of time throughout the day. They are the first two at their ages to go out together without insisting that I go out with them...I love it! Today I noticed Eleanor pushing Zach on the swing. It was so sweet. Yesterday I pushed Zach on the swing for a long time while pushing Kate on her swing. Eleanor volunteered to push Kate for awhile. Then when I told Zach I was done pushing him, he got upset because he loves to swing and he could swing forever, so Emily volunteered to push him for awhile. It is so nice when the kids are helpful to one another and to me. :-)

I finished organizing the kids' room today. Didn't I just do it a few months ago? I'm sure I did and it's only a matter of weeks before Emily and Eleanor have their birthdays and I'll have more organizing to do. But for now, we will enjoy their clean, neat room. We'll see how it survives vacation week which starts when Zoe and Emily get home from school tomorrow.

Matt took Eleanor and Zach canoeing this afternoon. It sounds like they had a fun time. When Matt writes about it and posts some pictures, I'll link to it. It was a nice break for me only having Kate during the afternoon before Zoe and Emily got home.

I wrote a Haiku about my mother today for a contest to win $1000...along with 700+ other people! Here it is:
Laughter, joy, and love
The time we spend together
I cherish always.

Love you mom. Get feeling better!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

I love watching and listening to Care Bear and Feisty play together - they have such great imaginations.

I wish I would get even one moment of desire to clean and organize!

Kris said...

I hope you win the contest! and that is great that Zach & Eleanor are such buddies.

Cindy said...

It's such a sweet feeling, isn't it, when they get along and help each other.

It always amazes me how quickly their rooms can go from neat and clean to complete disaster!

Gabriela said...

I know what you mean-it is SO nice when they help eachother.

Sounds like you've been doing a lot of organizing. I am in a constant state of organizing things-Love to organize. Hate to clean. Oh well. Better than hating both.