Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Memories

Zach found Family Home Evening very interesting last night...can't you tell?

He made it through about a minute of the lesson and then crashed.

Zach had his 3 year check-up this morning. He is healthy and short. He is becoming a much better patient as he gets older. More cooperative and less crying.
It was weird having some place to go this morning. My Dad let us borrow his car, so Matt took it to work and I had the Yukon. Getting ready this morning made me appreciate the many lazy mornings we have. But it was nice to go to the park after the doctor's appointment and enjoy this beautiful, warm, sunny day. Kate didn't explore the park as much as I thought she would, but she looked very cute in her pink crocs.

The kids have been going outside in the afternoon after Zoe and Emily get home from school and do their homework and chores. It has been nice and quiet with just me and Kate inside. It's fun to listen to the kids play together and I'm glad they are outside enjoying the fresh air and getting exercise instead of being inside on the computer. I wonder if they will look back on their childhood and remember these times of playing outside together. What will stand out in their minds from their childhood when they are older? I read a great article in the Ensign about the gift of memories we can give to our children. This mother wrote, "I couldn't live my children's lives for them, but I could give them a well of joyful memories from which they could draw throughout their lives." Since reading this article, I have looked at the different activities that we do in a new light. Memories. I am trying to be less stressed about messes and more concerned about my children learning, working, and having fun. My children had fun learning to make English muffin pizzas this evening for their dinner...while making a mess!

But they were so proud of their pizzas! L-R Zach's, Eleanor's, Zoe's, and Emily's. Notice one of Zach's is half eaten already before it is cooked!

Memories. I love watching Zoe with Kate. Zoe loves to hold Kate and to play with her. Kate has been greeting Zoe at the door lately with a big smile when Zoe gets home from school. Zoe drops her bag and picks Kate up and they are happy to see each other. It is so sweet. I just love to see my children interact with one another...happily.

My Mom and I went to see my aunt this evening. She is understandably tired from her 10 hour surgery yesterday, but she is doing well. It looks like she'll be going home on Saturday. My Mom and I took advantage of being out by ourselves and stopped at Governor's for dinner before heading home. It was quite delightful.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

You are doing a good job of making memories for your kids.

Thanks for your guess on the necklace - can't wait to spill the beans!