Sunday, April 13, 2008

Rocks

Matt, Zoe, Emily, and Zach went canoeing this morning in the rain. You can read about their adventure here.

I was going to start putting pictures on CDs, but when I looked for our 2007 pictures and only found May through December, I got frustrated and didn't copy anything. I had some picture folders on my desktop and I wonder if these missing pictures were on my desktop and got wiped out. The big events that I can think of that are missing from 2007 are Zach's 2nd birthday, Zoe's 8th birthday and baptism, Kate's blessing, and Easter. So if any family members have pictures from these events, I'd love a copy of them. :-) The sad thing about this is a friend of mine was just telling me a few weeks ago how her computer crashed and she had tons of pictures on her computer that she hadn't put on CDs. So she warned me and told me to copy my pictures. I have been thinking about it...but that's as far as it got. And now I'm the one regretting not copying my pictures sooner.

My dad picked Matt up this afternoon for the Priesthood session of Stake Conference and the kids and I went over to visit my mom for a few hours before we headed to church for the adult session of conference. My mom and I played a game of phase 10 and talked about getting something to eat before we left. It seemed like we had tons of time, but then before we knew it we only had an hour before we needed to leave and we hadn't eaten yet. I left to stop at McDonald's and our local House of Pizza to pick up dinner, got back to my mom's and we all ate and cleaned up in record time...30 minutes. It was quite impressive I must say. A young woman from our branch, Brooklyn, watched the kids in the nursery while we went to our meeting.
We had a great adult session of Stake Conference. My title refers to the men who spoke this evening. President Fletcher, President Hayes, Elder Christiansen, and Elder Neuenshwander. Their testimonies are solid and are built upon our Savior. How could I not walk away from the meeting uplifted and strengthened? We were encouraged to remove "rocks" from our path and the path of others. We were encouraged to fulfill our callings and to focus more on the service itself and not where we serve. We learned about the pattern in the Old Testament of revelation, apostasy, and restoration, the pattern of the people accepting dead prophets, but didn't believe and even wanted to kill the living prophets, and the pattern of the Lord calling the least expected and inadequate men to serve. The experience of Joseph Smith fits these patterns. And we learned about the process of calling a new Stake President. It was mentioned that the new Stake Presidency has been called, so it looks like Matt is in the clear. :-)

1 comment:

Janae said...

This sounds like a really great meeting. I love the rock analogy. It is nice to be able to go to a meeting and be able to hear what is said:)